+ Reply to Thread

Changing Print Color from Black to Another Color - Help Please

Hello, my printer is currently out of black ink, but I do have color ink. Before I change both the cartridges, I would like to use all of the color ink first. I have to print an image with black text in a few minutes, but would like to change the text to a different color (e.g. blue). How can I go about doing this? Thanks.

The Jiggawatts, Marty! tony_j15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What program are you using to print with? With most word processors you can highlight the text then find the color button up on the top menu bar. Sometimes you can also change the color by highlighting than right clicking and finding a color option on the menu that pops up.
    All 1.21 of them.

I'm printing directly from a Web site, although I can get a screenshot of it and plug it into another program if I have to. The thing is actually an image and not regular text, so I am unable to highlight the text of it. Could a graphic editing program, such as Photoshop, change it? Thanks for the quick response.

The Jiggawatts, Marty! tony_j15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yes, with a program like photoshop you can create a color overlay that will change everything to a monochrome.
    Really though, it's not worth your time to hassle with. Go out and pick up a black and color multipack, slap the new black cartridge in and save the color for when the old one finally runs out.
    All 1.21 of them.

photoshop actions

Quote Originally Posted by mastavic View Post
    I'm printing directly from a Web site, although I can get a screenshot of it and plug it into another program if I have to. The thing is actually an image and not regular text, so I am unable to highlight the text of it. Could a graphic editing program, such as Photoshop, change it? Thanks for the quick response.
    u can make record actions on photoshop and batch edit the files

u can do this by the followings steps
    1-save the files u want to convert as JPG/ PSD/ or any image file that photoshop can read

2-open photoshop

3-from the menu bar, press window--> actions

4-open any file u want to change its color (open only one file then we'll batch the rest of images)

5-from the actions box click on an icon called "create new action" and name ur action anything example "black to blue"

6-click the record icon then from menu bar press image-> adjustments-> selective color

7-from colors choose black and then move Cyan to +50, Magneta = 0, Yellow = -90

8-from colors choose neutrals and then move Cyan to +50, Magneta = 0, Yellow = -90

9-press ok, and press stop from the action box

10-now from file menu, press file-> automate-> batch

11-under play choose ur action "black to blue", source: folder and choose the folders which contains ur jpgs

12-choose ur destination folder or choose save and close

13- now open ur images and u'll find all blacks and grays converted to blue

OR u can download this file
    4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download black to green.atn
    load the downloaded file into photoshop by pressing the small arrow on the up right corner of actions box and press load actions then and start from step 10

Smile changing color of text print

I would like to change color of my text print..

Quote Originally Posted by mastavic View Post
    Hello, my printer is currently out of black ink, but I do have color ink. Before I change both the cartridges, I would like to use all of the color ink first. I have to print an image with black text in a few minutes, but would like to change the text to a different color (e.g. blue). How can I go about doing this? Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information