+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone heard of ZT Computers?

My non-tech savvy stepmother is looking at a desktop model by ZT Computers in Costco. Has anyone ever heard of them?

I'm very skeptical. My stepmother and father have only basic needs but are pretty dangerous around computers. I'd prefer they get a Dell or something with good tech support. Looking at the support site at ZT Systems Home is not too encouraging.

I think I may have heard of them.
    But I have no experience with them.
    Most likely they are ok, but I don't really know.

Looked up a few reviews on there computers, and they get fairly favorable reviews.
    zt systems reviews - Google Search

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

I think you can order their desktop models with XP as the OS instead of Vista. I love Vista myself, but a lot of people might like having the choice.

Robert
    "The philosphy of one century is the common sense of the next"

ZT's are okay systems but the tech support is not very good. I've had to call them when my brother's old system started having all kinds of graphics issues, and I got some guy that convinced me that he learned english only a week before and from what he said was that I had some sritical error in windows so I had to microsoft. When I called microsoft they said to call ZT about it, so I called ZT and told them what happened so far they said that it was AMD's problem.

What does AMD have to do with this? My brother PC was a element 2000xi that ran an intel pentium.
    did they confuse these two?
    Home & Home Office > Desktops > Element 2000 Series

anyway it turned out to be some bug in the driver so I just updated it and he hasn't had that problem since.

Wink re: ZT Computers

I purchased a ZT in
    Augtust of last year and love it. It is a fast, high speed, high tech machine that has Windows XP. It works wonderfully and was recommended by a pretty knowlegeable guy who knew I needed a good tower for business use.

"Don't be hesitant. It's a fine machine!

Thanks for the feedback. They got a Dell Optiplex 745. Nice machine.

Zt Systems

Let me try to convince you not to go with them. In the first few weeks after I bought a laptop, my laptop essentially fell apart. One day after normal use, I went to unplug a device from the USB port and the guts came with the plug. This happened with both other USB ports. My hard drive crashed 3 x, and the answer that I got from the company's support team was that I should have sent it back immediately after the USB port died because they have a 15 day return policy. Steer CLEAR of this company. I've fought them tooth and nail for a year to replace this damaged system. Most other companies, such as dell, would have sent the 700 dollars worth of laptop to a dis-satisfied customer, but not ZT. They do not care about their customers. Eventually I opened a case with the BBB. When I explained my issue, this was the response I got, and keep in mind the mindset involved with a company rep, that they would recommend me BUYING the exact same system I just had an issue with, in refurbished condition.

deleted

Dear,

The reason the system was denied warranty repair was simply to do physical damage done to the system, in this case being the USB port. Please take the time to read our warranty statement under "DOA Return Policy" and "Warranty Void If" at the website listed below:

Support > RMA

We understand this can be a frustrating situation and would be glad to point you in the right direction so you can have your system repaired. This laptop is now a discontinued item however, we do have certified refurbished laptops of your exact model MS1024. If you decide to purchase a refurbished laptop the cost would be $150+shipping. Otherwise you can also contact MSI directly for out of warranty repair options. You can contact them directly at 1-626-913-0828 PST.

If you have further questions or would like clarification on anything said here, you can contact me directly: deleted

Smile ZT Computer

After much research, I decided to go on line and investigate the ZTAffinity 7304mi.I purchased one last week. It was delivered to my home(no taX/no shipping). Best computer I ever had.... For the price, this cannot be beat.... I am very happy with my decision...

ZT Computers - LEMONS! Dont Buy

I purchased a ZT computer from Costco 6 months ago and the hard drive has already failed - it wont boot up or boot into bios. Their "Support" wont refund the computer and wants me to return the computer to them (at my cost) so they can fix it and ship it back. The way I see it they want to fix my lemon and send the lemon back to me - dont buy ZT! My only recourse now is to try to return it to costco - they have a 90 day return policy on computers so im guessing it wont happen. Do yourself a favor, buy a Dell - they are reliable, tech support is great, and they have a great rep. ZT Computers are terrible!

Unhappy I am so sorry I bought a ZT Laptop

I bought it was excited because I could finaly afford something for my small buisness. I nearly loss my job because of this piece of crap. It crashes every few minutes, I have lost so much data, money and time because of this machine. Every time I call for help they tell me to reload OS. I have done this 6 times at least. I am stuck because I cant afford anything else. I wish I could have saved a little more so I could have purchased something else. Its true about you get what you pay for. Please people do yourself a favor and don't buy from these people.

The last 2 systems that I've purchased: Dell Inspiron 9300 and before that Dell 4600C were expensive computers and they were no peaches either. Getting to someone in support who could speak clearly enough to be understood, who wasn't running through a "scripted" response and actually bothered to LISTEN wasn't easy at all - let alone was savvy enough to actually fix anything.

We finally switched my daughter to a MacBook Pro - with everything added, $2300 and that's with some rebates involved. That's pretty expensive but I'm convinced that we need to RUN not walk from pcs. The Dells that I referred to were each between $2000-$2500. Numerous things have been wrong with them. The cd/dvd drive went out on the desktop twice and now the laptop's cd drive is gone. A "heat set sink" error is preventing my desktop from even coming on now. I have no monitor on the laptop and it's rigged to the monitor of the desktop. Grrr. There have been tons of other things (replaced a hard drive among others. Now need a new motherboard.)

I haven't had that much luck with those so figure that if I bought a ZT at least when I hate my computer I'll have the pleasure of knowing that I spent about 1/4 - 1/3 that amount. Now in reading some of the reviews, I'm starting to feel leery again but I just had to interject that just because you buy a Dell - don't count on a smooth ride....or good support. Dell USED to be a quality computer. NOT so much now.

Wow, this thread lives on.

Cool ZT Computer

Bought an Intel i7 920 (quad core) ZT Computer System and so far nothing wrong with it. It came with a 500 watt power supply to run the memory and the ASUS 9600GT HDMI Graphics card. Maybe the reason why some of you had a problem is because your motherboard got over heated. The more graphics and memory you have the more power you need. Also put an extra cooling fan inside your PC. As a precaution I put a small desktop fan in the desk cubicle where my computer is located to add extra cooling. It gets to triple digits here in NV so you got to keep it cool. Also, DO NOT "Optimize" your computer power settings. It will turn off the cpu fan and that is where you get into more trouble.

As far as laptops you need that extra fan unit to sit it on. Your laptop gets hot just like the desktop so come on people buy the little extra laptop fan. Some of them are powered from the USB port.

techno - ignoramus

The ZT computer was assembled in the U.S. using namebrand parts like AZUS, LG etc. However,
    the power supply is so low that it is incompatible with the amount of stuff inside. For their 4 GB ram and 1TB memory, they only have 250 watts of power. Pretty soon, the power supply will be knocked out or burn out specially with a 512 HD videocard. As soon as the ZT computer is purchased, check the power supply and change it to at least 400 watts, or ideally, 500 watts.
    P.S. the speakers suck, throw away.

Question ZT vs. Dell

I have bought Dell computers and all 3 have had problems, the tech support is horrible, they all have such hard accents you can't understand them and they all seem to just read out of a book because for a year they kept making us call and we were told the same thing every time. We didn't even need to call because we already knew what they would tell us. We just wanted someone that spoke english and could figure out what was wrong. We got the run around until we started talking Lemon Law then they sent a guy to replace the insides but it still doesn't work like it did when we purchased it. Our desktop was an e510 that had a power supply problem that after I researched found out it was a common problem. I do NOT want a Dell this time - I was thinking about the ZT computers because they say they are in the USA and you get a support tech from the USA. Why would Costco and Sams Club start carrying a computer from a company that didn't have a good track record, Those big companies are not going to want to deal with returns and getting a bad reputation for selling items that are no good - correct?? I just don't want to get screwed again, computers cost a lot! I need it to be reliable and last longer than a year or two.
    Does anyone have good suggestions with valid reasons?? thanks

Zt Power Supply

I agree with Tech-igno. I purchased a Zt machine at Costco a little less than a year ago. I'm saving up for a Mac, so when my old Dell desktop gave up the ghost, and I didn't yet have the $2300-$2500 for my Mac, I purchased the Zt from Costco mainly because of the price and the warranty -- Costco's 90-day return policy, plus they extend Zt's one-year warranty to a two-year. Anyway, I loved it, no problems, it was loaded and fast and did everything I wanted it to do. Then just last week the power supply burned up. I called Tech Support, they checked my registration, gave me a repair #, and told me to send it in to be fixed. (I'm removing the hard drive before sending it off, just to be on the safe side.) Inconvenient, yes, but the warranty is good and this is the first and only problem I've had with it.

So, although the machine seems to be fine in all other respects, I think Tech-igno is correct and the power supply is too low.

ZT laptops are garbage

I bought ZT laptop a year ago.

Hard drive failure
    The hard drive failed after 3 months. I shipped it to them at my expense, and several weeks later I got my laptop back. At least this was under warrenty.

Hinge failure
    The lid-hinges cracked in half so I can't close lid any more. I have to prop it up on my desk to keep the lid from coming off completely. They won't repair it because it is a "hardware" failure. Costco is no help either. I have been going around in circles with both companies.

Fan failure
    The CPU fan is making a horrible noise that annoys everyone in the room

Don't buy a ZT!!!

Talking ZT Power Supply

My ZT Computer System actually came with a 500 watt power supply when I bought it from Home Depot. I run my computer 24 hours a day. I never turn it off unless there is a thunder/lightening storm, wind storm, or if I am going to be gone for a couple days. Why? Because power supplies are like light bulbs. Turning them on and off constantly wears down the unit. I used to turn off my previous computer every night and I always had to buy a power supply every 6 months.

On my ZT I did run into a problem when I installed more memory but soon figured out the cause. You have to put in three memory boards at a time to even out the slots. Course you can fill all 6 slots at the same time and have anywhere from 12 to 24 gigs of Ram which mine supports. Although that would mean I would have to upgrade the power supply to 750 watts or more. I am only running 6 gigs right now and seems to be plenty for what I do.

Are you guys reading these posts??

I don't understand why people are still talking about buying one of these things have you been reading the posts? I bought a ZT computer and a 2 year NIGHTMARE ensued with their support team. They will NOT help you if you run into trouble. Just believe it - nothing is worth the kind of hassle you'll have if you have an issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information