+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how to make small picture big without lose quality?

how to make small picture big without lose quality?

is there such program exist?

There are many issues regarding this: What is the source file type? If it is a Jpeg, or Gif, it is likely very compressed, and will not lend itself to much enlargement. A Tiff or Raw file on the other hand can usually be worked with... The application I use is IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide It uses a Lanczos Filter to interpolate the resizing... There are other apps out there as well... Gimp comes to mind.
    ◄ it is what it is ►

Quote Originally Posted by bigBonehead View Post
    There are many issues regarding this: What is the source file type? If it is a Jpeg, or Gif, it is likely very compressed, and will not lend itself to much enlargement. A Tiff or Raw file on the other hand can usually be worked with... The application I use is IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide It uses a Lanczos Filter to interpolate the resizing... There are other apps out there as well... Gimp comes to mind.
    oh i see.

well can you do one for me? i love this side boob.... i want to put it on my wallpaper size 1280x1024 on 17 inch lcd. mabinogi 2 - Google Image Search

it is too small that wont cover my whole screen.... and if i stretch it... it look stretch it.... it look stretch up and blurry.

can you make one and send it to me? the one with side boob, blonde girl. also i do want the other one too.... but make the side boob blonde girl priorty.

let me know if you willing to do it. it is your choice.... the power of you.

so far this is the biggest i found

http://images.mmosite.com/feature/ne...binogi2_01.jpg

http://images.mmosite.com/feature/ne...binogi2_02.jpg

but still i need 1280x1024 without looking stretch up

So use IrfanView to increase the size.

Image > Resize/Resample.
    MCSE, MCP and nut job

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill View Post
    So use IrfanView to increase the size.

Image > Resize/Resample.

ok cool i can make it to 1280x1024 but the quality is a bit blurry. is there such program that can make 100% no loss quality?

How about using Google to search just for that size of graphic file. See if there's anything here that you like:
    mabinogi 2 wallpaper imagesize:1280x1024 - Google Image Search

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous7 View Post
    ok cool i can make it to 1280x1024 but the quality is a bit blurry. is there such program that can make 100% no loss quality?
    not going to happen. when the image is downsized from original resolution if larger, it loses "parts" of the image, and thus is permanently lower, the methods mentioned above for the programs linked to use filters or other equations & Formula's in software to approximate & fill in the "holes" when enlarged again with what it thinks the proper pixels/colors/shades should be, but will never be 100% no loss again. unless as howste mentioned, doing a search for the same image in a larger "original" resolution.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Prof. of DooGlian Studies MegalosSkylaki's Avatar

Wink Perhaps this might be of some help.

FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

You can always combine several images at their original resolution, or add a border around the graphic with a bunch of smaller images...

Quote Originally Posted by MegalosSkylaki View Post
    same basic info in that thread also already stated in this one.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Prof. of DooGlian Studies MegalosSkylaki's Avatar

Euclid, Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyguyXPC View Post
    same basic info in that thread also already stated in this one.
    Which means that same basic info \stated in this one is already stated in that one.

Actually, not entirely so.....

DOOGFURD
    FIRST TEN YEARS ANNIVERSARY HONOR ROLL
    this April 18th, 2014 and will be Officially Celebrated That Day! SEE http://www.techimo.com/forum/imo-com...ml#post1070600

mabinogi2 - TechIMO Photo Gallery
    Is this what your attempting to do?

Quote Originally Posted by JPMiller View Post
    mabinogi2 - TechIMO Photo Gallery
    Is this what your attempting to do?
    not actually but thats a good idea... have all them together.

i see no quality loss there and it is 1280x1024. but one thing.... is that fade black have to be there?

No, but it was already mostly there and it helped fill in the area the windows toolbar would be ... I'll try reworking it...

OK here.... round 2
    Last edited by JPMiller; April 1st, 2009 at 12:28 AM.

i really like this idea: The Sect of Homokaasu - The Rasterbator but it probably isnt what you are looking for

Creatures
    Canon EOS 550D | Tamron 18 - 270mm 1:3.5 - 6.3 | Lensbaby Scout (Soft Focus Optic, Fisheye Optic) | Canon Speedlite 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Creatures View Post
    i really like this idea: The Sect of Homokaasu - The Rasterbator but it probably isnt what you are looking for

Creatures
    hmm no idea ill read it later.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMiller View Post
    No, but it was already mostly there and it helped fill in the area the windows toolbar would be ... I'll try reworking it...

OK here.... round 2
    ok thats good enough. her white pants is see longer down now. ill keep this one. thanks for the help.

oh one more thing.... is it posible to remove that 4 circles? or it have to be there to fill in?

hows this? Mabinogi_final_post 2 - TechIMO Photo Gallery

all I did was save the image JP did, load it in GIMP 2, and then using the color selecting tool, sample some of the black/dark area around the circles, then using the paint brush tool, one of the larger circle shape ones, scaled up the size of the brush & then clicked on areas over the circles, eliminating the circles with the sampled similar surrounding colors.

saved it, uploaded & here it is.

GIMP's one of the programs I like to use outside of Photoshop for occasional 2D image editing...

with a little practice & basic knowledge you can do some impressive work in programs like that... take this for example...

Original image edited & rendered in 720 HD res (using Carrara 6, a full 3D graphics/Animation suite), edited the original model a little here & there, rendered it in a 2D JPEG file.

Then loaded that image into GIMP 2 and with some of the filters & other features turned that same image into this (using Multiple lens flares & some motion blur, is all I did for this)

latest program I'm tinkering with and thinking of investing some money into to help out with Carrara 6 (and when I can upgrade to version 7 Pro), is Vue 7 Infinite for making custom background land/spacescapes for use as backdrops in Carrara, even buying some of the modules for the free version of Vue 7 to allow 3D model imports and custom resolutions as well as remove the e-on software/vue 7 watermarks.

but back on topic, just download & install latest versions of Irfanview, GIMP2 and play around with them, see what you can learn & come up with.

between those, photoshop & Carrara 6 I've made myself probably a dozen or more custom desktops/images for my own personal use & to share with friends.

best thing of all Is I'm far from having an intermediate level of experience using these 2D image editing apps.
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; April 2nd, 2009 at 06:19 PM.

took what out?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information