+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimate Member
    Mine is VOIPERIZED!!

www.voiperized.com

Quite small,DOES NOT "INSTALL" (Nothing in your reg) and works nicely!!

Something strange i have noticed about this program is: WHEN YOUR CONNECTED TO SOMEONE,IT DOES NOT SHOW UP IN NETSTAT OR ANY OTHER TCP/IP MONITOR!!

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??

Blog Entries
    Mine would be Mumble. It's open source (which I like). Has lots of options like bandwidth control, 3D directional audio, has a nice on screen display so when your in a game or watching a movie, you can see who's in the room with you and who's talking. Has LOTS of different skins, so you can customize the look. And the voice quality is amazing compared to other programs I've used. (like vent)
    Q6600@4Ghz | i7 920@4.4Ghz |E6320@3.5Ghz
    FAQ's ~ Team Stats
    My PC

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a hard time believing its not showing up in netstat -a

Ultimate Member
    Well im connected now and I see MY CONNECTION to port 4379 (Im connected to "LiveCBradio") but i see NO DETAILS about what its getting back from that outgoing to 4379! (Ip,etc)

Very strange.......

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKiller View Post
    Mine would be Mumble. It's open source (which I like). Has lots of options like bandwidth control, 3D directional audio, has a nice on screen display so when your in a game or watching a movie, you can see who's in the room with you and who's talking. Has LOTS of different skins, so you can customize the look. And the voice quality is amazing compared to other programs I've used. (like vent)
    Haven't tried Mumble Yet, have heard of it though, and may try it one of these days.

but Have Used GSC (Gameservers.com's Free Voice chat software, had a server going for quite some time, and was light years ahead of Teamspeak 2) and even after Teamspeak 3 finally came to public Beta, many of its "New" features have already been in GSC for some time, the pathetic thing is how long TS3 has been in development, plus its been in public since around Xmas last year, and its STILL beta... with one or two or more updates a week still.

Does Skype Count?

If so, these are what I've Used, Skype, Ventrilo, Teamspeak 2, Teamspeak 3, and GSC.

out of all of those, GSC gets the nod for features, while retaining good sound quality, and little if any lag. for more one on one type interface, Skype gets the nod.

I tried Roger Wilco Years and years and years ago, though it had low sound quality it was quite the handy little program back then.

Have yet to use Xfires voice yet too.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Skype is quite enough for me. then again, i mostly use it as im and i never call landlines. if i needed to do that, i'd probably look for some dedicated app.

Ultimate Member
    I used to use SKYPE until it got so over-bloated it wasnt worth it!

All i want is the text/voice app,NOT ALL THIS OTHER CRAP!! (19+ Megs installed -- Totally insane)

If i could figure out a way to get my BETA version working again,I WOULD!!

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
    I used to use SKYPE until it got so over-bloated it wasnt worth it!

All i want is the text/voice app,NOT ALL THIS OTHER CRAP!! (19+ Megs installed -- Totally insane)

If i could figure out a way to get my BETA version working again,I WOULD!!
    Your a idiot if you think 19MB is insane, with the size of Hard drive capacities and processing power of today, its NOTHING...

If your 32MB Win95/98 Era USB Thumb Drive is running out of Space, then I suggest spending $10 and buy a 2GB or greater one...

maybe if your still stuck on Dial Up, running a Pentium or PII era CPU, less than 8MB of RAM, and running Windows 95 it might be, but judging from some of your other posts I wouldn't doubt it.

(Stuck in the Past and everything else that's out now is just "CRAP", Video Games, Movies, Software, Etc etc Etc... Many of us Grew up in the 80's Too Dude, but we at least have a Grasp on Reality and Have been able to adjust and MOVE ON, Yes There's things I loved about the 80's, Cartoons, Games, Toys, Video Games, but Unfortunately the World Goes On, Changes, Evolves, Etc, you either deal with it and move on, forever get stuck in the past and become an outcast in society.)

"All i want is the text/voice app,NOT ALL THIS OTHER CRAP!!"

Simple Solution... Just DON'T USE THE EXTRA'S, I Don't and Neither Does a lot of people that Use Skype (I don't even use the Text part I ONLY use the Voice Aspect of it, from PC to PC, only time I've even used the Landline ability is when they have limited FREE offers to users), they're there as Extra's, for people that DO want to use it.

Teamspeak 3, GSC, and other apps I only use the Voice part, and occasional text for sending links and info to other people in chat. but as to the file downloads sections and other features of the programs I don't even use those, and I'm not super critical of the over all Program and still use them.

to Judge an app based solely on that alone is just stupid.

GSC is a .2 MB download file, and TS3 is about 15MB, and neither one is TOO large a file to download.

Even the Open Source Mumble is 12+MB in size.

Windows has lots of extra Crap, probably a lot of stuff you don't use, AND is Bloated and you still use that? Even Linux Distro's have extra's I'm sure you don't use.

So why do you use those?

Anyways, here's a nice list of VoIP Programs and comparisons of them

Comparison of VoIP software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maybe give some of the other programs a try, maybe you'll find one that uses less than 1MB of space and offers nothing more than Voice and Text ability?
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Banned
    Blog Entries
    PicoPhone download and reviews from SnapFiles

I have used Tiny talk which uses TCP instead of UDP so I can encapsulate the traffic through my SSH tunnel in the router. I used it to send my radio scanner audio to my laptop. TinyTalk download and reviews from SnapFiles

Blog Entries
    Skype here . . .

Phone to phone
    Cell to phone
    Cell to cell
    Phone to cell
    Computer to computer
    Computer to phone
    Computer to cell

If I don't have cell service, but I can get wireless . . . I can still call out or receive calls on my cell phone.

Traveling to areas where there isn't sprint service doesn't stop my phone from working . . . just means I have to locate wireless.

Harder

Skype with an annual subscription ($30) unlimited calls to US, Can. Mex.
    You can't get there from here

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why not use magicjack for only 19.95 a year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxmancometh View Post
    Why not use magicjack for only 19.95 a year.
    Can you use magicjack with your cellphone?

More than once, I've been in locations where my cell provider doesn't cover, yet there was a wireless connection available and I could dial out and receive on my cell phone using Skype.

Harder

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So yo have a mobile device with skype installed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxmancometh View Post
    So yo have a mobile device with skype installed?
    HTC Evo Slide 4G

Harder

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wish I had a mobile device but I don't want to be sucked into any type of contract. I use prepaid disposable phones. And I use skype with a free VPN service to activate the phone I paid hard currency for. I'm a privacy freak I guess.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information