+ Reply to Thread

8mm tape play video no sound (can here sound when FF)

Hi I have some 8mm tapes that are 20+ years old and I am converting them to digital now. I got most of them done and was able to match the frame rate and size. But I ran in to a problem with a couple tapes. When I play them throw my system they play the pic. but no audio but if I fast forward I can here the audio. All cable are connect and this dose not affect all the tapes just a hand full of them. I screw around with it for a while.

For now I have move on to working on the other tapes but I really like to be able to save the videos on them they hold family memories I just try to get ideas before I screw them up I never came cross this before

A am using a 8mm camcorder connect to my JVC - DV/VHS deck fire wire to my computer and editing with final cut pro.

Thanks. but i solve the problem 2 days after i posted this thread. after a 2 day rest from it i saw it from a different angle. i forgot they got a new camera because the old one was have recording problems. the taps where just out of sync, so i just throw the camera out of whack (form normal operation) and i was able to get the video and audio to line up. thanks for the replay i forgot about this page.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ.s View Post
    Hi I have some 8mm tapes that are 20+ years old and I am converting them to digital now. I got most of them done and was able to match the frame rate and size. But I ran in to a problem with a couple tapes. When I play them throw my system they play the pic. but no audio but if I fast forward I can here the audio. All cable are connect and this dose not affect all the tapes just a hand full of them. I screw around with it for a while.

For now I have move on to working on the other tapes but I really like to be able to save the videos on them they hold family memories I just try to get ideas before I screw them up I never came cross this before

A am using a 8mm camcorder connect to my JVC - DV/VHS deck fire wire to my computer and editing with final cut pro.
    Thanks you for the post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information