+ Reply to Thread

Question ASUS A7M266-D intermittent rebooting

I am using a new a7m266-d with 2 mp 1600+ cpu's and 512meg rdam from crucial I think pc2100. Any way I am using the recommended hsf from amd which these things are rated up to xp2200, anyway cpu0 reads 50C while cpu1 runs 45c. the only thing I can see on the voltages is that the auto setting has vcore on cpu0 at 1.76v while cpu1 runs at 1.712v and the 3.3 volt line on the psu is running at 2.88v. this wouldnt bother me, but it has just rebooted it self twice in the last 15 mins. ???????? any ideas??????
    Always tell the truth, because it's impossible to remember who you told what lie to.

Forgot to mention, OS is xp pro.
    Always tell the truth, because it's impossible to remember who you told what lie to.

Ouch, 2.88v on the 3.3V line is far to low. What brand/wattage power supply are you using? Also, do you have the ATX12v and AUX connectors hooked to the motherboard?

-Tachyon
    Last edited by Tachyon; August 19th, 2002 at 04:13 PM.

I'll have to find the receipt for it. It's a 450watt workstation aluminum case. yes all the extra plugins are plugged into the board. I was thinking I would change the cpu's positions also, see if they would still run at 5 degree Cent, difference. I took the side off the case but could not see any name on it, must be on top of psu.

I just went to asus prob, its showing the 3.3 volt line to be 3.12 volts now. I Need to find a better power supply that is stable. I have this one running off a ups from apc.

For what's it is worth, same M/B but two AMD 1800 MPs running...

CPU0: 53c
    CPU1: 54c
    3.3+V line: 3.248
    Vcore: 1.68
    VCore2: 1.744

This system also runs DC projects 24/7 and seems 100% stable.

dvnt1... looks like your board supplies different vcore to the cpu's, my 3.3v line went back up, maybe thats not the reason of it rebooting. Might have been just a windows type thing. I have xp pro on it but I am trying to decide which ver of linux to put on it, SuSe 8.0 comes with Dvd that has everything on it and its bootable. want to wait for l/m 9.0. though. Thanks!

After a few months I had an issue with this particular computer to reboot without warning. Initially I reinstalled WinXP serveral times because of install problems (couldn't find file on CD). Finally I got it to reinstall correctly but then reboot problems began. I took one memory module out and the problem went away. Switched to the other module and the problem came back. Replaced the failing ram with a new one and it has ran great ever since.

I wondered about ram. That was the reason I bought this board. Capability to run different types ram. I will get another stick or two oc crucial, and see what happens. Thanks.

ASUS A7M266-D ?????

I had it with this motherboard, two 2000+ with 550 w powersupply, changed the motherboard once , changed the memory and all other things twice,,,, but it´s stil rebooting´more than ever. 4 times in 30 min.

Have to hurry before ut reboot again Bye!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information