+ Reply to Thread

Programming Keyless entry

Does anyone know where I can find the instructions to program my keyless remote.
    It is for 97 chrysler sebring conv. jxi.

Thanks,
    Smokie

no instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    Found that you can order an owner's manual for 6 bucks:

http://www.chrysler.com/

I myself am on the search for instructions on programming a new 2000 Chrysler Cirrus key fob for keyless entry. I went to the Chrysler Web site and purchased an owners manual because I purchased my vehicle used (it had no manual). Guess what? The instructions for programming a key fob are not found anywhere between the front and back covers. I'm sure if you have an imagination you can guess how ??**##)%() I am.

the following procedure can be used as long as one functioning transmitter is available:
    1) turn key to run position (allow chimes to stop)
    2) using any original (working) transmitter, press the unlock button for 4 to 10 seconds
    3) within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing unlock button and press panic button for 1 second and release both buttons. a chime will sound to indicate the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound)
    4) press lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release
    5) press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter
    6) repeat steps 4 & 5 to program additional transmitters
    7) turn key to the off position
    transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds. all transmitter programming must be completed within that time.

if a functioning transmitter is not available, your dealer will have to program it for you using scan tool

not sure if anyone can help me, i see everyone is talking about chrysler products in here, but i have a 1997 pontiac sunfire, and i cant seem to find instructions to program the new keypad i bought for my car, i have an existing keypad, but am looking to replace it, i just cant seem to find instructions on how to program the new key fob

2000 Chrysler Sebring Fob

I am trying to program a fob I had from a salavged 2000 Sebring for the one i have now, but it will not synchronize by manual instructions. Any suggestions to synchronizing this old remote to another car? By the way, the fob numbers match exactly too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information