+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DSJ -- I came across that website once as well. The pics are a bit grainy and the one where the tree is backlit looks all washed out, but for webshots, I think they're more than adequate.

If we do ever take trips, I'll bring the 35mm, but everyday videos of the kids, I Like the still option of the camcorder.

I do some freelance photography myself. From what I've seen the breakdown between digital still and movie is the same as with film. The amount of control for each is based on what your end use is. To capture an occasional still the video camera is fine. For best results in still stick with the still camera. For example if you compare a telephoto shot (Optical zoom) still from each. given the same general specs. In a still photo the results from the still cameras will come out on top for the same size print. For the web though and casual use it depends greatly on your budget and which end result you are after.
    Like spartan said for everyday stuff, especially with the family and kids, the option to shoot still or video at the touch of a button is nice. But I would still keep the still camera close by
    JD
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information