AMD Duron 1.3G
    MS KT4V
    Twinmos (with m-tecs chipsets) 512MB DDR PC2700
    Matrox 8 MB pci graphics
    80 GB HD + 3 GB HD
    230 W psu

When I press power,
    nothing shows on the monitor!

why?! why always nothing shows on the monitor every time I build a PC?

I have tried to clear the cmos too.

can someone help please ?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Si vis pacem, para bellum daveleau's Avatar
    Pull everything except the power connection from the mobo to the PSU and the processor and try to boot. You should get a memory beep code.
    If so, add memory. You should get a video beep code error.
    If so, add video. You should get a no fixed disk error.
    If so, add hdd. Install OS.
    Then add other cards in until you find the error.

If any of these steps fails, you know that is where your problem is.

A 230 watt PSU is not enough per AMD. A 300 watt is maybe enough, but 330-350 should work well.
    Asus M4A785TD-V EDO, Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 Gig DDR3 1333 Win7 64 Home

hi daveleau:

i get no beeps at all, even i tried reversed the speakers pin.

hi amdkt7:

could it be the mobo?
    it has no lights on the pci bracket too :\ ?

Yes, it could be the mobo, memory, video, anything..., but if that is a 230 watt PSU then that is where I would start first. Good Luck!

hi~

i tried with a 300 w psu which worked fine with my asus a7n8x-x + xp 1800.

but with the results!
    why ? ~~

First, I would remove the mobo from the case. Remove all add in cards. Leave the cpu and memory. Make sure the mobo is not shorting out on anything, hook up the psu and the on button switch to the mobo. turn on the PSU and hit the power button on the case. If it powers up (the cpu fan should spin up), then perhaps the mobo was shorting out in the case. This happens alot.

If it still does nothing, try removing the ram.

Post the results. Please tell exactly that happens. Does the cpu fan move at all? Any lits come on?

What led were you talking about on the PCI?

Good luck!

i am pretty sure that the mobo is not shorting out on anything.
    even i remove all the cards i get no beeps.

the cpu fan is spinning when i press power.

i was talking about this pci bracket which came with the mobo :

i got 4 lights on it.
    and i got the power light on the case.

i have checked this ram before. and it had no errors.
    also tried with another graphic card.

the weird thing is that i get no beeps.... :\

Is this a new build? Looks like you replaced mother boards, if I guess right.

I would check that the memory is combatible with that mobo. I get the impression from MSI's web site that it can be a little tricky.

There are several options at this point:

1. clear cmos (read the manual) with the power supply turned off (or unplugged). Wait 5 min, then move the jumper back, then try again.

2. Buy a new stick of Ram, you can return it at some stores, no problem. Just get a 128 meg stick or so, but make sure it is combatible.

3. Upgrade that cpu, that's an old dog for that fancy new mobo... At least get an XP

4. Be sure that you try it with nothing attached to the mobo except for power and the power switch. No cables, no floppy, ect.

5. I have heard of people removing everything (CPU, mem, video), clearing CMOS, then turning on power, then power down, reinstall cpu, mem, and video and then got it to boot.

6. Get a minium of 330 watt PSU. Get a good brand, no cheap stuff, you will only have problems. I have never needed more than 330 watts with a good Enermax, but I would get nothing less.

Good luck again.. you may have a bad mobo. It happens, though I have been tricked a few times. A few weeks ago I had a problem with a mobo that would not work properly with a brand new PSU that worked fine in other computers. Swapped PSU's and I was fine. Some times getting it to recognize the cpu the first time is the bitch..

hi amdkt7 :

yes this is new buildt.
    mobo, cpu, ram and hsf was new.

hm.. i think i am going to try
    option 5 tomorrow.

so you mean that my mobo can't recognize my cpu?

thanks for your reply!

Yes, I do think that the mobo is having problems adjusting it's self properly to the cpu. I was not sure when I looked at the spec of your mobo if it mention your type cpu, it might not be combatible, however I think that is unlikely.

Check your manual, Abit mobo's have a trick of holding down the Insert key as you turn on the system. That is probably a bios function, so it may work on yours as well. This is to help force the mobo to go to a safe clock speed that the cpu can operate at.

Also, I would try holding down the delete key while turning on the system, perhaps it will make it into the bios setup.

Hey can someone tell me how to post a new message in here.
    I'm having problem withh this new motherboad i bought

Up at the top of the page there is a button, "New Thread". That will start a new topic.

ok....i have just tried the option 5.
    but with no luck.

i am so lost now...
    is it a dead mobo?

same

excuse my english i dont have good writing skills

i have the same problem, i bougth the mobo 2 month ago, and everything was fine till 5 days ago when it frezze up, and i restarted it and it didnt wanted to boot, so i clear the bios but nothing happened so i took everything off and took the mobo out of the case and still didnt boot, i tested the processor with other board, and it was fine so i tougth the mobo was dead, but i tested the mobo again with the same processor and it was ok, so i thougt that maybe the board was making a short circuit or something like that, so i armed up again and everyting was ok, till the other day that when i turned on the pc and there it was no booting at all, and the leds on the d-bracket are all red, and i read the manual and it says tha when this happens the processor has the problem, i dont know why this is happening if everything was ok,

i have
    athlon xp 1500
    512 mb ddr 333
    300 w psu
    sis 315 video card

any suggestions

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.