+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good inexpensive camera!

Me and my GF wanna go in half and half on a digital camer, we dont want to spend more then $130 together. I was looking at the Fuji finepix 2 MP on newegg for $126. Any reccomendations?

I would much rather have a Nikon, but they are expensive.
    Last edited by Darthgary; January 24th, 2004 at 02:37 AM.

I'd like to help.

http://www.multi-cam.net/

http://att.dealtime.com/xPP-Digital_...der_180-mustek

http://www2.shopping.com/xPP-Digital...pixels~PG-2~V-

These sites are all in prices and few specs. It is best getting a proper digital camera rather than having a cell phone with digi cam on it. Cell phone are for phones
    If only the dead can speak, then we will know what's happening to us all next...

practically canada. bombledmonk's Avatar
    check out sams club if you have a membership
    ...good deals on olympus cameras.

Originally posted by Dj-Icer
    It is best getting a proper digital camera rather than having a cell phone with digi cam on it. Cell phone are for phones
    i strongly agree!! and thanks for the links too. i am also looking for a better inexpensive camera.

I have been looking at the Fuji Fine Pix.

I've got a Fuji MX1200, it is 1.3mp. I've had it for better than 2 years. We use it mostly for Ebay pictures. It has been a good camera but indoor pictures take on a yellow cast to them. Not sure if it is the cameras fault or mine. One thing to keep in mind is you will really need ni-cad batteries and/or an ac adapter. These cameras go through batteries like you wouldn't believe.

I would recommend NIMH batteries and a good (not too fast) charger. The faster it charges the harder it is on the batteries.

I got a cheap polaroid digital 320 fun which takes terrible pictures...but I don't have the software for it. I got the camera free, but was told it took great pics, but was told the software was not compatible with XP. Now after doing a cleanout of my pc desk and I threw the disk away, I found out that it is now, have downloaded the twain driver and I use image expert 2000 from dell, but don't know if the actual software that came with camera would make the pics turn out better as I put them on pc...? any suggestions?

anyone know where to get the software...was told you can't get it anymore, don't want to buy another camera to get the software.

Try this sweeper2:

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=123011

member: driver
    password: all

N/M!!! Try this one instead:

http://www.polaroid.com/service/soft...ax/fun320.html

thanks...but I already have the twain driver, but don't know if the actuall photoshop cd that came with the camera would make the pictures turn out better then me using my image expert 2000 software....as mentioned above, I stupidly thew away the cd.

Ohhhhh, I see. Sorry I can't help there.

I have a Fuji Finepix that ive had for probably almost a couple years (6900Z) ive used and abused it, taken 1000's of images, its been rained on, my kitty barfed on it while recharging, ive bumped it, rolled it thru the car more then once and it still works fine---ive taken 1000's and 1000's of photos on film and didnt expect this camera to compare but ive been pleasantly surprised---lithium/ion batts are the only way to go imo...

Bottom line---I can recommend the Fuji you are looking at as a quality standpoint from my own experience...

I have an extensive film background so digital was a snap, learning the cameras ability to adjust is key---the lens is about the most important point when buying a digital---look for quality in that respect when purchasing and your images will shine...

Took a pic for a pal today of him and his Lotus, printed it as a full sheet 8 x 11---blew his mind!

I think the fuji finepix a205 is going to be the best for that amount of money, walmart just marked ours down to $118.
    So you still have some money for a new xd card and rechargeable batt.

Ultimate Member
    Any of the major players should suit you fine.

Steer clear of claims of "digital zoom."
    Instead get the most optical zoom, best quality lens, most mega pixel and a quality ccd.

This is going to be an ardous task considering your tight budget and quite honestly considering the expense of rechargeable Nimh batteries with said approved charger, there is another approx 50 bucks to consider in the overall purchase price. Dont think you need rechargeable Nimh batteries? Nothing you or I own, (outside of my old rio volt mp3 player :O( ) will rob you blind like a digital camera.

My advice would be to save until you have enough money to get into the good solid 5 megapixel range. Alot of those cameras have the Lion batteries included and for good reason.

If it is inexpensive digital photos you desire I dont know if you know this but most film processors will convert 35mm or Aps to a digital format. Iam positive that if their equipment is even medicore, you would be much happier with image quality then a cheap digital camera.

that's what I have been doing, little more money on developing film, but use regular 35 mm camera and I get a cd with it after the pics get developed so I can post pics on pc etc. In the long run a digital camera would pay for itself but for now, have to settle.

I've been looking at the A205, along with the A210, too. Presently trying to decide if the 210 justifies the extra $25 or so for the extra megapixel. Other than that, both cams appears to have equal features and sample photos from each look very nice.

If you do go with the A205, you might want to check Amazon.com. They have it for $132 shipped, but give you a free 32mb memory card. Like getting the card for $6.

Rick

I have to agree with DoubleK...optical zoom <where you actually see the lens move in and out> is the way to go. Megapixels are going to be how large you can resize your picture.
    "The passion for setting people right is in itself an afflictive disease." Marianne Moore, American poet (1887-1972)

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by PoonDoggy
    I have to agree with DoubleK...optical zoom <where you actually see the lens move in and out> is the way to go. Megapixels are going to be how large you can resize your picture.
    I wonder if there are any Camera Wizards tuning in who could give us an approxization of what Megapixel = 35mm/Aps Quality in a 4x6 or 5x7 inch print?

I've got a Fuji FinePix A205 (2MP) myself. I've had it for 3 months now and taken about... 560 pictures. It's a GREAT little camera. The only downsides are these:

-The videos it takes don't have sound.
    -It uses XD flash memory, which is the most expensive of any type. However, a 64MB card is enough for 100 pictures or so at the highest resolution.
    -The LCD is kind of useless in low light conditions.

That said, this thing is great (I paid 130$ at the time with a 16mb and 64mb card included). Pictures generally come out with good color and definition.

Sam

well from what Ive seen, working in the walmart photolab, the a205 also does 8x10's pretty well, most people are very surprised that it will print 8x10.
    But in most cases
    2mp = 4x6 and 5x7
    3mp = 8x10 11x14
    any thing higher then that I dont seen a need for.

edit: also from my understanding XD cards have a faster read/write time. Meaning that you can take a pic and dont have to wait as long before you can take another. I believe that the slowest would be floppy disk then next compact flash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information