June 8th, 2005, 02:11 PM #1
i've been playing ragnarok online for over a year now, i had a gfx2 b4, i have been satistfied with the waiting time to switch over programs while running the game, i use Mirc and yahooMsgr at the same time.
lately i bought a 9250 and the wait time is horrible, i installed the latest catalyst drivers and made things worse. i switched back to the cd drivers.
q. is, how can i minimize waiting times when switching to programs,(alt+tab).
my screen resolution is 1024x768 32 and the game runs at 800x600 16.
i have an 12" aoc monitor which is 5 years old.
hope u cud helpsempron 2400+ at 2ghz, 6600gt 540/1030, 2x 512 ddr 200mhz
June 8th, 2005, 02:23 PM #2
1) If you are running the ATI panel (in the system tray) it could be eating some of your systems resources. Especially since the new driver installation it seems kinda fishy -- hardly any driver installations are only drivers anymore and ATI is fond of its flashy panel.
2) check for anything else running unnecisarily in the background, more resources = faster swap.
3) It doesn't sound likely, but if you increased the resolution that you are playing at you may be you may be using more of your systems resources running the game.
4) try running your normal system at 800x600, maybe the change in resolution is creating the problem.
June 8th, 2005, 02:25 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2002
Rag online what a blast. Not sure if it supports rag but might want to try winEQ works like a dream if it will support it.
June 8th, 2005, 03:23 PM #4
I would change your monitar settings to 800x600 32
that way it just have a big change when you exit the game
June 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM #5
yep. when i exit the game, it takes a minute to get back to my desktop. waiting time is so horrible with this card. my prev. gfx2 isnt much of a prob tho. any more suggs?
i. i removed the taskbar stuff. no prob.
2. i really am used to 1024 x 7,.. its hard to switch . any more suggestions ?sempron 2400+ at 2ghz, 6600gt 540/1030, 2x 512 ddr 200mhz
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By saladbarkid in forum Applications and Operating SystemsReplies: 16Last Post: October 14th, 2010, 05:34 PM
By ok.player in forum Technical SupportReplies: 18Last Post: August 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
By Martoch in forum Applications and Operating SystemsReplies: 11Last Post: April 10th, 2005, 03:38 PM
By NightRise420 in forum Graphics Cards and DisplaysReplies: 11Last Post: January 31st, 2005, 04:28 PM
By puk in forum Technical SupportReplies: 10Last Post: August 1st, 2003, 03:45 PM