Thread: Should I get a Visiontek GTS-V?
April 12th, 2002, 11:01 PM #1
Should I get a Visiontek GTS-V?
I have a Visiontek NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400. Would I notice an appreciable improvement in performance moving up to the GTS?
I typically play FPS, CRPG's, etc.
Thanks for any info.
April 12th, 2002, 11:16 PM #2
yes , there is more memory bandwith with the ddr cards so you would notice a significant improvment, but wheter you should get the gtsv is sorta based on your budget, the gts cards are like a few dollars more , but the gtsv's can clock back up to gts levels quite easily from what ive herd-JOSH H2OL-
April 12th, 2002, 11:21 PM #3
April 12th, 2002, 11:22 PM #4
April 12th, 2002, 11:42 PM #5
i would say that if your comfortable overclocking it go with the gtsv but if you dont want to a few dollars more would get you a gts.-JOSH H2OL-
April 13th, 2002, 12:50 AM #6
April 13th, 2002, 05:30 PM #7
Considering you already own a GeForce 2 mx, I think you should maybe wait longer for another card, granted the gts-v can toast an mx, but I don't think it can really beat it good enough to consider it a worthy upgrade. You should consider getting something better when the prices drop.
If you were choosing to buy a video card, and you narrowed it down to a mx 400 and gts-v then sure, id tell you to get the gts-v, but considering you already have an mx 400, i think you should wait longer and make a more substantial upgrade.
What are you system specs? The money might be spent better elsewhere (but i think you should just wait longer).
But hey, it is only 48 bucks at newegg, I doubt you would be disappointed if you did buy it.
Last edited by Inferior; April 13th, 2002 at 05:33 PM.
April 13th, 2002, 07:46 PM #8
My specs are as follows:
1.0 Tbird @ 1.294
Visiontek 64MB MX400
Sounblaster Live! Platinum
Maxtor 30GB 7200 HD.
I think that I will just wait. My wife and I are moving into a house in a month, and I am sure the $50 can help somewhere in that project! Saw the deal at Newegg and thought it would be at least worth looking into.
Thanks for all the info people!
April 13th, 2002, 08:00 PM #9
Personally I would wait gor the GF3 Ti200 or Ti500 to come down as they should start to cost about $100 or less here soon.. maybe down eo $150 for the Ti500..
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)