+ Reply to Thread

1993 Ford Taurus fuse box diagram

Does anyone on here have a diagram for the fuse box of a 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon? My g/f's interior lights have decided to not shut off, so I need to find the fuse for them to take out until I can diagnose the problem further. I am pretty sure I have it isolated to one of the door buttons in which I think the spring is broke and not allowing it to push in. Just can't fix it till the weekend. Anyhow, I don't have the owner's manual, so I don't have a diagram of the fuses and badly need to know the layout ASAP, otherwise I lose my truck for the day tomorrow.... HELP!

Shawn
    Shawn

I have a Ford shop manual on CD. Let me find it, and I'll post a diagram of that for you!

Dane
    Back Online! http://rhd.dyndns.org <-- The History Site (Admin)
    http://www.vegasfreecyclers.com/forum/index.php <---Moderator

I'm still looking for the info on the fuse block. Did you check the dimmer switch? Maybe she turned the interior lights on using that switch.

Dane

"The fuse panel is located to the left of the steering column, and is hung from the instrument panel. To expose the fuse panel, pull the release bar up with right hand and pull panel down with left hand and remove cover."

On that should be a sticker, usually listing what each fuse does. If it isn't there (it should be) then use this:

The fuses are color-coded by amp rating.

Code:
    Cavity Number     ³      Fuse Rating      ³                        Circuit Protected                        ³
    ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
    ³           1           ³        15 Amp         ³ High-Mount Stoplamp, Stoplamps, Front and Rear Turn Signals,    ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Instrument Panel Turn Indicator Lamps                           ³
    ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
    ³           2           ³       8.25 Amp        ³ Windshield Wiper Motor, Intermittent Wiper Module, Windshield   ³
    ³                       ³        Circuit        ³ Washer Motor                                                    ³
    ³                       ³        Breaker        ³                                                                 ³
    ³           3           ³                       ³ Not Used                                                        ³
    ³           4           ³        20 Amp         ³ Front Park, Side Marker and Tail Lamps, "Headlamps On" Warning  ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Buzzer/Chime, Front Laser Lamp (Sable)                          ³
    ³           5           ³        15 Amp         ³ Electronic Cluster, Rear/Window Defroster Switch, Electronic    ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Flasher, Backup Lamps, Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S), Illuminated ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ /Keyless Entry Module, Brake Interlock Solenoid                 ³
    ³           6           ³        15 Amp         ³ Rear Window Wiper and Washer Motors (Wagons), Diagnostic        ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Warning Lamp Module, Warning Chime, Headlamp Switch             ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Illumination (Sable), Clock Illumination, Radio Illumination,   ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ EATC Control Illumination, Power Window Relay, Speed Control    ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Amplifier                                                       ³
    ³           7           ³        15 Amp         ³ Air Bag Module                                                  ³
    ³           8           ³        15 Amp         ³ Clock, Radio Memory, Glove Compartment Lamp, Luggage            ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Compartment Lamp, Instrument Panel Courtesy Lamps, Interior     ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Lamps, Illuminated/Keyless Entry Module, Power Mirrors          ³
    ³           9           ³        30 Amp         ³ Blower Motor                                                    ³
    ³          10           ³        20 Amp         ³ Flash-to-Pass, High Beam Headlamps and Indicator Lamp           ³
    ³          11           ³        20 Amp         ³ Radio, Premium Sound Amplifier, Power Antenna Motor, Redundant  ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Radio Switch                                                    ³
    ³          12           ³        20 Amp         ³ Cigar Lighters, Horn Relay, Horns                               ³
    ³                       ³        Circuit        ³                                                                 ³
    ³                       ³        Breaker        ³                                                                 ³
    ³          13           ³         5 Amp         ³ Cluster Illumination, Radio Display, Ash Receptacle             ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Illumination, EATC Control Display, Rear Window Defroster       ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Switch Illumination, Rear Wiper Switch Illumination, Headlamp   ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Switch Illumination, Clock Display, PRNDL Illumination          ³
    ³          14           ³           Ä           ³ Not Used                                                        ³
    ³          15           ³        10 Amp         ³ License Lamps, Side Marker and Tail Lamps                       ³
    ³          16           ³         5 Amp         ³ Electronic Cluster, EATC Control                                ³
    ³          17           ³        15 Amp         ³ EATC Compressor Clutch, Blend Door Actuator, A/C Compressor     ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Clutch                                                          ³
    ³          18           ³        10 Amp         ³ Autolamp Module, Cluster Warning Lamps, Low Oil Level Relay,    ³
    ³                       ³                       ³ Buzzer/Chime
    The fuses are color-coded by amp rating.

Code:
    Fuse Value Amps             ³               Color Code                ³
    ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
    ³                    4                    ³                  Pink                   ³
    ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´
    ³                    5                    ³                   Tan                   ³
    ³                   10                    ³                   Red                   ³
    ³                   15                    ³               Light Blue                ³
    ³                   20                    ³                 Yellow                  ³
    ³                   25                    ³                 Natural                 ³
    ³                   30                    ³               Light Green
    Last edited by nochay; July 14th, 2004 at 03:05 AM.

It might be simpler to just take the bulb out...
    Obama: "If you like your Ebola, you can keep your Ebola!"

Yeah, I checked the dimmer switch, but that had no effect on it. As far as removing the bulbs, there are several and would be a pain cuz there are three on the ceiling and one on each of the two front doors.......would much rather just remove one fuse. Thanks, Nochay, for the diagram. Much appreciated. Kinda wierd how ya can find anything you want on the internet, but when it comes to simple things like this on cars, you can't find anything on any sites. Seems like these type of things would be available somewhere, but couldn't find anything.....

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn711; July 14th, 2004 at 01:47 PM.
    Shawn

Well, got it fixed. The door jamb switch in the rear passenger door was bad. Replaced that and as good as new (well, ok, maybe not, but....... ) Thanks for the help, much appreciated again. Now, back to the puter problems......

Shawn
    Shawn

No problem Shawn Glad to help a ford owner out Got a pic of the car? Gas mileage? Might be interested in one, until I can find a F250 diesel

If you need any other help on this car, just drop me a line. I have a complete shop manual for the taurus pretty much, so I can get you anything you need, even how to run diagnostics on it (special tools might be needed depending on on the diagnostics, since the program I use is also used by the dealership)

Dane

I just bought a Haynes repair manual that doesn't give that much information on the fuse box layout! A manual for crying out loud! Have to buy a CHILTON'S manual online sometime!
    I have been having problems with the hazard/ turn signals. I heard there was a relay somewhere near the fusebox. I have looked for it but, don't know what it looks like. Any suggestions as to what it looks like? Any help is greatly appreciated in advance! Thanks!

Red face I have a similar problem

my signal ligths r not working n i can find d problem help

chk D fuz.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

i dont have the manual for my 1993 ford taurus and i really need to now how to fix the singal lights and is not d fuse fox i have try everything almost everything please help i dont anybody to help me please

my ford tarus

my gauges are not working like the speedometer the rpms and gas gauge are not working but the battery and oil light work does anyone know the problem.

ford tarus

The lights for my gauges dont work like the speedometer the rpms and gas gauge are not lighting up when i turn up the dimmer but the battery and oil light work. does anyone know the problem?

!998 Fuse Diagrams Both in car and under hood

Does anyon have a piture of these covers I need to replace my blower motor fuse
    Thanks in adbvance.

Exclamation 1993 Ford Taurus

My 1993 Ford Taurus has a dead radio, zip, nothing. I check fuses but none blown. There are three can plug-in on the fuse tray, but I don't know what they are for. Help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information