+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

God I love Bullsh**!

Yes that title is ironic on many levels. But nevermind that. This thread is about the greatest show to dawn the boob tube in many years; Penn & Teller's newest show, Bullsh**!

And for at least the current time being, you don't even need Showtime to see it. It's being broadcast over Winamp's Internet TV thingy. Here's the url you can plug into Winamp 5 to watch the shows.

http://205.209.129.180:8000/;stream.nsv
    http://65.75.168.150:8000/;stream.nsv
    (don't click on these, instead copy one of them, goto Winamp, hit CTRL+L, and paste it.)

The servers are often full. Set the playback mode in Winamp to repeat then it will continue to attempt to connect until it finally does.

If you got a decent net connection then the video really isn't very bad at all. See it on my desktop.

P & T take on many great issues and expose them for what they are, Bullsh**. Things like the Bible, psychics, Feng Shui, bottled water, well here, read the list of topics for yourselves. Then watch the show!

Season 1:
    Talking to the Dead
    Alternative Medicine
    Alien Abductions
    Second Hand Smoke
    End Of The World
    Baby Bulls**t
    Sex, Sex, Sex
    Feng Shui
    Bottled Water
    Creationism
    Self-Helpless
    ESP
    Eat This!
    Ouija Boards
    Near Death Experiences
    Environmental Hysteria

Season 2:
    P.E.T.A.
    Safety Hysteria
    The Business of Love
    War on Drugs
    Recycling
    The Bible
    Yoga, Tantric Sex, Etc.
    Fountain of Youth
    Death, Inc.
    Profanity
    12-Stepping

http://www.sho.com/site/store/produc...00000000000133

Kinda pricy..reckon it can downloaded somewhere ???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtab0BKOGY
    The Nation which forgets it's defenders will itself be forgotten
    You cannot make peace with dictators. You have to destroy them–wipe them out!

Um....I just told you exactly how to watch it with Winamp....for free. That's kinda the whole purpose of this post.

ide say thats a WIDE variety of subjects to be able to prove as BS... considering they are just penn & teller.... not scientists, doctors, religious experts, etc......

shows like that piss me off.....super skeptics piss me off

You must be pissed off a lot. That's too bad.

A lot of people don't enjoy thinking (and some aren't capable), and for them skepticism is certainly not the way to go. Personally I have no choice but to be a skeptic. I couldn't honestly live with myself otherwise.

They may not be scholars, but they do interview scholars and experts during the show. The show is downright funny, entertaining, informative, and really gives you an alternate side to a story you thought you already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by ajna_star
    ide say thats a WIDE variety of subjects to be able to prove as BS... considering they are just penn & teller.... not scientists, doctors, religious experts, etc......
    Believe it or not they are smart enough to enlist/hire people such as scientists, doctors, theologians, etc. to help prove their cases. Imagine that. LOL. They must have thought of everything.

i didnt say skeptics... i said super skeptics.. ie: someone who will present biased research in the face overwhelming proof otherwise.

writing off such vast subjects as the ones covered, because of a penn & teller show... well...

How do you know they "wrote the subjects off"?

For me, I just hate it when people speak like that they have some knowledge on a subject (or a show) but the obvious truth is they don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. Have you seen the show? (he asked already knowing the answer) Because if you had you'd realize they haven't necessarily written-off all those subjects (although most of them are simply bullsh**, any dolt will tell you that) plus you'd also realize they are not "super skeptics", whatever the hell those are. Sounds to me your "super skeptics" are just plain ol idiots. And as such I wouldn't consider them skeptics at all. Being skeptical is using one's cognitive power of reasoning to analyze a subject and come to a reasonable stance on that subject considering all the proof (overwhelming or not.)

Ultimate Member
    Is it just me, or is ajna_star beginning to sound like a bit of a "super skepetic"?

ok... i can give you the perfect example. the 1st subject covered in the show... yoga

ive been practicing yoga for 5+ years now, and have done in-depth research into its history and culture.

they mention yoga only being streching.... well, this is absolutly untrue. most american yoga classes include meditation and breathing exercise. which do bring peace & joy to peoples lives.

ANY research into the history of yoga would show that the streching and postures, were just a way to prep the body for extended periods of meditation. and in its lesser value, the poses are design to stimulate certain glands, nerve plexuses, and organs in the body...

if they would have just sat down and TRIED it... they would have seen the positive benefits it brings. if they would have done ANYYYY research into the subject they would have seen what they were saying is completely untrue.

so yea, this show is garbage.

Oh I see. It hit a little too close to home. Maybe they plan on saving "meditation" for a future show. LOL. No worries. It's no great loss. You don't seem to be skeptic material anyways. Enjoy your stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by OuTpaTienT
    Oh I see. It hit a little too close to home. Maybe they plan on saving "meditation" for a future show. LOL. No worries. It's no great loss. You don't seem to be skeptic material anyways. Enjoy your stretching.
    LOL... all im saying is that any intelligent person would do their own research into the subject.... try to get their own direct expirience...

p&t are obviously harping on a lot of stuff they are not trying. ...IMO the best way to see if something works or not, is to TRY it....they are not even researching some of the subjects in DEPTH....how can you invalidate such large subjects, with a 20 minute interview with 3 or 4 people.... in reality, you cant.

btw, i dont do the stretching lol

Just some advice to OuT and ajna star:

OuT: Don't get upset if someone doesnt like your favourite shows. We all have different taste. Fighting about things that are subjective, especially things such as whether a TV Show is good or not really makes little sense if you go too far. 2 of my best friends do it all the time and it drives me nuts, it all starts out okay, but ends up being just Bullsh**!

ajna star: perhaps watch more than 1 episode then formulate an opnion.

I'm in the process of watching more than one show, then ill post back, either ill iike it, or i wont, both will be fine.

Perhaps you should also have warned everyone that the shows arent kosher.

Talking

Oh no! My virgin ears!!!

You can't fix stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ClubMed
    OuT: Don't get upset if someone doesnt like your favourite shows.
    I don't care if somebody likes the show or not. But if you're gonna chime in on my thread about my favorite show and all you have say is shows like that piss me off.. and those guys piss me off, well then I'm rarely going to let you slide without at least a little berating.

Quote Originally Posted by ClubMed
    Now come on CM. Look at the name of it. What'd you expect?

i dont understand why its your favorite show if your so into critial thinking and 'true skepticism'..... they are only giving a very very limited viewpoint on each subjects that i watched. any intelligent person who looks a little deeper into most of the subjects covered would see that...

Blog Entries
    Fight nice, children. Really.

Penn and Teller are awesome. Definitely going to have to check this out when I get my connection back.

Arigato, OuT-kun.

Just seeing the name shows me it's not worth watching.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information