+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grocery line rage

New kind of rage

Grocery rage

The woman should've been charged with Assult & Brocolli

*cringe*

I would've thought people had better things to do considering the world terrorism situation an' all.

Still, makes me laugh

*spot the man with the sick sense of humor*

Think about this!

How many times have you been in the ten items or less line and looked in the carriage in front of you and seen a lot more than ten items?

And what were your thoughts?

How many times have you actually beaten into someone for haveing an extra item ?

p.s Welcome to Techimo

Ultimate Member krusty the klown's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gibbo
    The woman should've been charged with Assult & Brocolli

*cringe*

I would've thought people had better things to do considering the world terrorism situation an' all.

Still, makes me laugh

*spot the man with the sick sense of humor*
    Well, that makes two of us with a sick sense of humour, cos I was chuckling @ that

Grocery rage LOL!

Definately a few peeps need to take a chill pill... but then some peeps need to GET A MOVE ON!! GET THAT TROLLEY OUT OF THE AISLE!! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT OTHERS WANT TO GET PAST???? ARE YOU THAT IGNORANT?????? AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE, DON'T STAND THERE HAVING A CHIN-WAG WITH THE CASHIER, GET THE GROCERIES ON THE CONVEYOR! DO YOU THINK I'VE GOT ALL DAY??? AND DON'T JUST STAND THERE WAITING FOR THE GROCERIES TO PILE UP WHILST YOU STAND THERE LIKE THE EMPTY-HEADED MORON YOU ARE, STARING VACANTLY INTO THIN AIR, GET THEM PACKED IN THE BAG!! LOOK, YOU EITHER WANT CASH-BACK OR YOU DON'T: IT'S NOT A DIFFICULT DECISION - MAKE IT!! AND WHAT'S WITH THE DRIVING IN THE CAR-PARK?? YOU MANAGED TO NEGOTIATE YOUR WAY HERE, WHY HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST ALL SENSE OF DIRECTION AND LOST ALL ABILITY TO CONTROL THE CAR AS SOON AS YOU'RE OFF THE MAIN ROAD??? IT'S A ONE WAY SIGN, YOU FOOL!! DO YOU THINK THERE'S A SURPLUS OF PAINT AND SOMEONE THOUGHT "I'LL PAINT SILLY ARROWS ON THE FLOOR TO USE IT UP"? IS THIS WHAT YOU THINK?? NO???? DO YOU THINK THERE'S A REMOTE POSSIBILITY THAT THEY INDICATE THE DIRECTION OF TRAFFIC FLOW??? DO YOU??????? WELL WHICH WAY ARE YOU GOING THEN? OH, SO IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE SO **Bang**

Thud.
    Can I play haemorrhoid sufferer number 1? Oooh! Aaah! Oh, that hurts! Is there no relief?

No.

What about the after guy? Oh, that's better! I can ride a bike again!

Truly, the only people that really bug me are the ones that wait until everything is totaled up- then they start digging for their checkbook.

Ahh, it's deceiving ....... the express line is usually the slowest anyways.

The Express line is the #1 checker that has to man the register all day.....therefore they don't care how fast they go... not mention they gab way too much and always make tender mistakes that require a call for the "key".

I hate to say it but the #1 checker is usually the worst performer in the store....otherwise the manager would be using them for ordering or managing a department.

I always look for the register with the manager or assistant manager.....they can't wait to get off the register and can usually check out 4 customers for every 1 done by anyone else.

Well, if I'm in a store like Wal-Mart where I will only have a few items.....I go to the Customer Service or some other department to check out

Grocery stores.....dunno, not much you can do about that....I scan all the lines, making judgements on how much stuff the people have in the line and what kind of people they are (old ladies, etc.)....yes, can be very analytical

Warthog

Oh, yeah..I gotta get in on this one!

Checking out at Von's grocery, I had two items, and cash. No prob, right? Only one lady in line... HAH!

First she has 10 items in the 9 item or less line...well, ok, I'm not that picky. Uh...but this line is Cash ONLY & she has to pay with food stamps. D@mn...the other lines are all jammed.

Oh...geeze...thinking about my nice bank account calmed me down...thank God I'm not on food stamps. But wait! She has cigarettes. You can't buy cigarettes with food stamps, so she has to dig in her purse for $3.00 in nickels & dimes and make a second transaction.

Grrrr...take a deep breath...I've got a wad of twenties in my wallet...this poor gal has to scrounge pennies for her cigarettes. OK...I'm feeling sorry for her again & counting my lucky stars. Yup, thank God I'm not a poor old ugly fat woman on food stamps.

Oh...the free bread. If you buy five loaves of bread in one month, you get a free loaf. The checker has to check her little card & the bag boy runs to get her free bread. I'm about ready to take that loaf of bread and stuff it right up her blasted......EASY BOY!!! Face it, bread is 69 cents. You've passed up that free bread yourself. Geeze, this lady's kids might be eatin' peanut butter off a spoon if she doesn't get her free bread. I calm myslf down. Again. Oh crap...my ice cream is starting to melt now. Ahh...they're done finally...

BUT WAIT AGAIN! She wants to rent a freakin' RUG DOCTOR! No Way! Send her out of here! This is the ding dang EXPRESS LANE fer cryin' out loud! Oh...crap! The checker goes to the Rug Doctor check out book...wait a minute...she's never rented out the Rug Doctor before...calling the assistant manager...he comes over. Ok...sign here...show your ID card...you need the special soap with that? ...uhh...how much is it...$7.99...OK...gimmee the soap too...how you wanna pay?...a check...A CHECK??? IN THE EXPRESS LANE??? NO WAY! He's gonna take her check. (Hey...this ice cream is dripping now...it's making a little puddle on the conveyor belt...come on...send her elsewhere...please?) Crap he's taking the check!

Oh..this check doesn't have the same address as your driver's license. We'll need a $50 cash deposit for the Rug Doctor. (Wheeewww...It's over!)... but, no, wait...she's digging in her purse...She's GOT the $50 CASH! SHE PAID WITH FOOD STAMPS AND NICKELS AND SHE HAS CASH??? A big WAD of CASH?

Grrr....My ice cream is dying now, and I'm hot enough to steam the carpet myself!

OK...Harry take this Rug Doctor out to the lady's car...Uhhh, which one is it? Ummm...it's the red Eldorado.

Eldorado??? She dirves a freakin' ELDORADO !?!?!?

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHH!!!!!

(I'm sorry, but there are absolutely no smileys that describe my mental state at this time. Suffice it to say that they were lucky I didn't pick up the special deal on serrated steak knives in the meat department.)

Wow caddmannq -

You summed up pretty much every thought that runs through my head each time that happens to me. I recently got stuck in line behind a woman at Wal Mart with two carts full of crap (I had maybe 4 items). I really didn't have a choice as there were three lanes open (the other 10+ lanes were closed) and maybe about 10 people in each lane. After the cashier rang up all of the contents of the carts, the woman whips out coupons, food stamps and the checkbook. The cashier starts the mathamatical equations. Then she has to call the manager for check approval. The manager declined the check. Now the woman has the cashier start taking items out the reduce the amount to equal the amount of cash she had.

I laid down my items and walked out to the car. I don't need anything that bad to wait in line for 30+ minutes when I could just go to another nearby store and be in and out in 10.

Mike

MY local grocery store has 27 lanes but only 17 cashiers, its kind of stupid but they seem to take a lot of joy out of just switching lanes every hour. I have no idea why, they just move to a differant, random lane. Maybe they are just trying to perplex me

I dont like it when they try and talk to me when all i want is OUT! So when asked how i am, i spill, tell all truths. After that they dont talk long
    --
    www.theburningcat.com

All Your Cats Are Belong to Us

lol mr. mannq
    I have little fits of high annoyance like that in stores sometimes

haha burning cat, I'll do the "hello" to them but that's about it....

The question I can never get answered, What is AN item?

If I buy a case of pop, is that 1 item, or 24?

If I buy 5 loaves of bread, is that 5 items, Or 1 item just 5 of them?

Technically speaking you could go to the checkout with 500 physical items, however it is only one type of item, so which one do they refer? the single type? or the physical quantity? I go with single type, I don't care if I'm in express 9 item, and someone comes in with 5 loaves of bread, 3 cases of pop, 8 bags of chips, and 6 cartons of milk, It's only 4 items as far as I'm concerned, 4 items with multiples of each. however most people count physical items, if it's 9 item lane they won't come in with over 11. no one usually complains.

If that were the case, a 9 item line for the purpose of speed would be useless...

not really, for them it's punch in the quantity, scan, punch in the quantity, scan, they don't even have to take them off the belt. usually there is a bagger working the line, so it won't slow them down too much, but I think +4 physical items is no big deal.

Heh! Nice post cadd....pretty much sums it up.

There are times when I can feel it...people enjoying the feeling of others waiting for them, especially when receiving service.

I read in the paper a while ago about the time it takes for an individual to pull out of a car stall is significantly longer if another car is waiting.

...something to do with someone enjoying the fact that they're the center of attention I guess.

Misanthropic
    Blog Entries
    There have been times where I am half tempted to beat some one over the head with a bottle of soda and then stick some bread up their nose.
    I haven't done it yet.

...white, wheat, or really long french roll? LOL!

shahani
    I send the wife to the grocery store.

Hate grocery shopping.

She likes it - goes thru each and every aisle even when she wants to buy only milk, bagels, beer and salad. And I prefer to stay at home and nurse my Heineken.

Originally posted by Wizzard~Of~Ozz
    The question I can never get answered, What is AN item?

If I buy a case of pop, is that 1 item, or 24?

If I buy 5 loaves of bread, is that 5 items, Or 1 item just 5 of them?

Technically speaking you could go to the checkout with 500 physical items, however it is only one type of item, so which one do they refer? the single type? or the physical quantity? I go with single type, I don't care if I'm in express 9 item, and someone comes in with 5 loaves of bread, 3 cases of pop, 8 bags of chips, and 6 cartons of milk, It's only 4 items as far as I'm concerned, 4 items with multiples of each. however most people count physical items, if it's 9 item lane they won't come in with over 11. no one usually complains.
    I guess I agree. If someone has 10 items of the same item I will let it slide and count it as one
    Last edited by maface; February 17th, 2002 at 03:33 AM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information