+ Reply to Thread

Sites cheaper than Newegg?

I've been using Newegg to buy all of my computer parts but I was wondering if you guys know of any other sites that have better prices than Newegg and ship to the U.S.
    "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thread moved

Do some work and search it out!! Our sister sites like Dealighted and Reseller Ratings list tons of sites and tons of good deals. But IMO you won't find much better than newegg.
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

The Jiggawatts, Marty! tony_j15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finding places cheaper than Newegg is simple. I use pricewatch.com to keep track of prices on tech items. Getting better customer service than at the Egg probably won't happen.
    All 1.21 of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_j15 View Post
    Finding places cheaper than Newegg is simple. I use pricewatch.com to keep track of prices on tech items. Getting better customer service than at the Egg probably won't happen.
    I'd have to agree with that. I have used ZipZoomFly in the past and had good experiences, but I don't frequent them often.
    this post contains small bits of intelligence culminating to the appearance of wisdom.

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/p...,p,346,00.html

Living the dream The Real Bingo's Avatar
    Stick with Newegg. If you're like me, you'll order the wrong thing and need to send it back...with Newegg, you know they'll take it back with no problems.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Bingo View Post
    Stick with Newegg. If you're like me, you'll order the wrong thing and need to send it back...with Newegg, you know they'll take it back with no problems.

I have used www.mwave.com many times over the last 8 years. A lot of their prices are lower than newegg and from my experience, the customer service is just as good.

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Newegg is good for some items, but lately I've been having issues with them shipping crap out & not getting it here on the exact day it should... lack of detailed updates for shipped items on their site, despite claiming they get their info from the different courier companies, which is usually different info from what they display etc etc...

as far as newegg goes, about the only items I'd still consider ordering from them are their usual good deal items, Video cards, RAM, Hard Drives, & a couple of other things.

most of my purchases as of late, have been via ZipZoomFly (Free Shipping on most items, so if it doesn't arrive EXACTLY on schedule, no big deal, didn't pay for shipping so fine by me) & ClubIT.com (Have ALWAYS had GREAT service with them, despite that their site is not as "polished" looking as some of the others)... I've also used Directron.com (Good one), & Geeks.com (Depending on the items ordered, shipping can be iffy, as well as cost of shipping, but still not too bad)

for more specific Modding type items (modding/custom parts, tools, accessories, Cases, etc etc), I Use Xoxide.com, FrozenCPU.com ( Good Company, ships ASAP & have never had an issue with them), CrazyPC.com (Another great one, as far as my experience has gone, a tad too limited on selection though), Performance PC's is another good site, have never had an issue with them in past either.

Have yet to use TigerDirect, have almost a couple of times, but ended up going though ZZF or ClubIT or Directron.

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The thing about finding great deals is you (or someone) has to put the effort into it. Generally speaking ZZF, Ewiz, Newegg and ClubIT are going to be priced about the same, but at any given time one could save you a few dollars of the other. Its just up to you to find that deal when it happens.

If you add in the MIR game then you really have to research what you are shopping as you could easily miss out on a good MIR by not shopping around. As I said RR has ratings for loads of sites out there, as well as a shopping tool that provides recent prices, just search what you are looking for an compare.
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyguyXPC View Post
    Geeks.com (Depending on the items ordered, shipping can be iffy, as well as cost of shipping, but still not too bad)
    If you have purchased anything recently at Computer Geeks....

Quote Originally Posted by RobRich
    The Consumerist.com reports popular Internet vendor Computer Geeks (Geeks.com) has incurred a security breach allowing customer data to be compromised. If anyone has made purchases there in recent times using a credit card, and apparently especially a Visa card, it would probably be a good idea to read the report, the attached email, and follow the instructions.

Source: ResellerRatings
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

i shop between Tiger Direct and New Egg ... tiger has a few items that are priced better than new egg and they tend to do more specials. It really depends on what im shopping for though.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    I haven't bought anything from geeks, in probably 3 to 4 months at least though. was sometime around beginning of fall.

But will read that again, & thanks for the Link Rob.

Though I didn't use a credit card, but a Debit card, will still look into it.

odd though I haven't recieved any kind of notice from them in reference to this, despite the claim in that link that they were supposed to be sending out notices?
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; January 17th, 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks for all the info everybody, I'm gonna start checking out all of the sites you've suggested.
    "Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."

Quote Originally Posted by ebloke002 View Post
    I have used www.mwave.com many times over the last 8 years. A lot of their prices are lower than newegg and from my experience, the customer service is just as good.
    I was very satisfied with my purchase from them also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information