+ Reply to Thread

I need some search help.

Does anyone know of how to reach an area manager, a supervisor, or any kind of an executive at MEDIACOM??

I cant get in touch with anyone effective at MEDIACOM. Last week when my house was struck by lightening our cable went out(among other things). After almost 2 frustrating weeks, hours of waiting to talk- I called and spoke to someone EVERY DAY last week, my cable STILL hasnt been fixed. Right now Im waiting to speak with yet another mediacom support person after 21 minutes! All I can find are the customer support numbers, none of the people I spoke to have helped fix my problem . I almost wish I had never heard of mediacom.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Vern
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
    dulce bellum inexpertis

Blog Entries
    You want to the push the issue? You could try calling billing, then ask to be transfered to retentions. With the current competition in the cable/satellite industry, retention reps are usually quick to resolve customer problems when faced with a possible service cancellation. YMMV.

Same process oftentimes works for cell phones as well, at least if you are out of contract.

Anyway, assuming you seriously want to talk to an executive:

Thomas J. Larsen
    VP, Legal and Public Affairs
    Mediacom Communications
    Phone: 845-695-2754

Matt Derdeyn
    Group VP, Corporate Finance and Treasurer
    Mediacom Communications
    Phone: 845-695-2612
    Fax: 845-695-2639
    Again, YMMV.
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

Another thing is that if you do not get what you need from the C.S. Rep...ask to speak to their Supervisor. If the issue does not get resolved...ask to speak to the Supervisors manager...and so on up the tree. Always be calm and treat the other person with respect <They can "accidently" hang up on you>.
    "The passion for setting people right is in itself an afflictive disease." Marianne Moore, American poet (1887-1972)

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I still dont have cable, while it doesnt bother me much, my wife is driving me crazy to get it fixed.

When I spoke with a CSR today(Saturday) I got some troubling info about our situation - there is a major outage here in Albany(supposedly 1600 families are without here in Albany, but no one Ive asked in MY neighborhood) even though their system and NONE of the other CSR's said so. I dont know if its this CSR or the system/previous CSR's who are clueless about the situation. IF this one is telling the truth then the situation, while still bad, is less severe to us than when it was just us not having cable.

It looks like nothing Ive done will get my cable back on, so Monday I will start trying to contact executives to get this situation fixed.
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
    dulce bellum inexpertis

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information