Like Tree1383Likes

Thread: Is It Just Me?

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Robrich just hold your breath when you go into Wally world and run to the toy section.

Here take my gas mask, that might help! ^_^

Much easier!
    To those who might be saying goodbye, take your sadness in stride as you walk toward the beautiful horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundZero3 View Post
    Robrich just hold your breath when you go into Wally world and run to the toy section.

Here take my gas mask, that might help! ^_^
    I have a feeling that the fact that I have no idea what you're talking about is a blessing...

Blog Entries
    Cliffnotes surreal: Robrich is to good for Wallyworld

Blog Entries
    You should check out the Kmart at my local mall. It is like taking a trip back to the early or mid 1980s, which is all the more strange, because AFAIK, the local mall was built in the 1990s.
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

Blog Entries

Not quite. I buy many vitamins and some supplements there - good selection for affordable prices. I am just not much for the usually crowded parking lot and often annoying lack of open check out lines.

My problem with Wally World is the supposed "Made in America" image, yet a store well stocked with "Made in China" merchandise. I would also rant about adversely affecting local stores, but there are not that many local stores to affect around here, so....

Wal-Mart probably does employ lots of area people in the local area, though, so that is probably a plus for an area with few employment options.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobRich View Post
    You should check out the Kmart at my local mall. It is like taking a trip back to the early or mid 1980s, which is all the more strange, because AFAIK, the local mall was built in the 1990s.
    It's funny, I just had the same discussion with Tricia on Saturday about the Kmart near our house.
    Tyranny doesn't have to come at the end of a gun.
    It also comes cloaked in compassion.

Blog Entries
    True dat. It is like Kmart has been recycling its display racks and many other store fixtures for the past three or four decades. I am not complaining much, as maybe it makes good economic sense, but it does tend to make such stores look quite dated.

IIRC, there is a Kmart down in Spring Hill or Port Richey still with a snack booth. I remember when Wal-Mart had them, too, as I would buy the huge bags of buttered popcorn for like $1 when I was younger.

I also vaguely remember shopping at Kresge (the forerunner of Kmart) when as a kid. It was a decent smaller store with a cool toy section, but then the Kmart store rolled into town, thus eventually putting its (seemingly much cooler) sibling Kresge store out of business. :grumble:

Oh geeze I thought you were talking about crowds and kids in diapers that needed to be changed...

Yep Kresgee and Ben Franklin five and dime.

Ouch my tat is hurting! It's really oozy, I have lots of red in it and read that red takes much longer to heal.. (no I haven't learned any lesson and in a couple weeks when it's healed I will have forgotten the pain)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobRich View Post
    True dat. It is like Kmart has been recycling its display racks and many other store fixtures for the past three or four decades. I am not complaining much, as maybe it makes good economic sense, but it does tend to make such stores look quite dated.

IIRC, there is a Kmart down in Spring Hill or Port Richey still with a snack booth. I remember when Wal-Mart had them, too, as I would buy the huge bags of buttered popcorn for like $1 when I was younger.

I also vaguely remember shopping at Kresge (the forerunner of Kmart) when as a kid. It was a decent smaller store with a cool toy section, but then the Kmart store rolled into town, thus eventually putting its (seemingly much cooler) sibling Kresge store out of business. :grumble:
    The Kmart by us still has a snack booth, in face they were remodeling it when we were there last week. LOL

The Target down the road from us still has one too. The WalMart had one up until a few years ago when it became a Subway.
    Tyranny doesn't have to come at the end of a gun.
    It also comes cloaked in compassion.

Blog Entries
    Wally Worlds around here tend to put McD's inside. :bleh:

Had Subway last night. Sweet onion teriyaki chicken on wheat loaded with two extra cheeses and lots of toppings.

Blog Entries
    Currently snacking on club crackers and potted meat food product. :yummy:

OMG!! I have had my phone replaced 4 times! The keyboard backlight doesn't work in low light but in that light you still can't see the keys, and it goes on and off. I don't know how I missed it the other times I googled but I've fixed my phone! (Yes they offered me a moderate LG or a 200 dollar price tag for the new HTC Slide, which I like but not 200 bucks worht)

How to Keep Your G2 Keyboard Backlight On All the Time - The Internet Patrol

Blog Entries
    Still using the Sprint black version of this phone....

Motorola Q - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wait now my keypad isn't working quite right..

You guys get bored much?

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Blog Entries
    25 minutes in the mask! Its hilarious to see people response when im in the basket court, they walk by the glass doors then kind of walk backwards to make sure they saw what they thought they saw

*flexes*

Let me see, after I do my 48 - 68 hour work week(depending on which week), 1-1.5 hour exercise sessions doing, doing research for my job and life/legal issues, arguing with guys in DIMO, chasing down people who can make repairs to the rental house that I cant, playing my video games, getting 8 hours a day sleep and and spamming this thread, I have no idea of how anyone could be bored.
    They say technology slows down for no one. I know it outruns my wallet. I figure its because my wallet isn't light enough yet.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!
    dulce bellum inexpertis

Blog Entries
    Got the oil changed in the jeep and my driver's license renewed. Now I just need to start funneling off stuff to friends and family who can use it. I'm only taking my computers and clothes and bike with me when I move. I might take a bass and my sansamp, not sure yet.

Thread Information