Thread: Is It Just Me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whir View Post
    Got the oil changed in the jeep and my driver's license renewed. Now I just need to start funneling off stuff to friends and family who can use it. I'm only taking my computers and clothes and bike with me when I move. I might take a bass and my sansamp, not sure yet.
    Hmmm... Whir's birthday must be soon.
    Tyranny doesn't have to come at the end of a gun.
    It also comes cloaked in compassion.

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whir when do you leave for SD?

What about your fish?
    To those who might be saying goodbye, take your sadness in stride as you walk toward the beautiful horizon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Hmmm... Whir's birthday must be soon.
    Nope, it expired last summer and I just noticed a few weeks ago. Finally had the money to get it renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundZero3 View Post
    Whir when do you leave for SD?
    ND, and as soon as I get the gas money.

Quote Originally Posted by nickslick74 View Post
    What about your fish?
    My dad is taking them. He's already got about 40, another 5 isn't going to hurt anything.

I'm hoping that once I get settled out there, I can find a reasonable pet store and get another 5 gallon tank and I'll get some small fishes. It won't be quite the same, but I'll live.

We had a goldfish in a warm, tropical tank when I was young. With all the space and the heating, the thing grew huge. Well, huge for a goldfish, that is. My dad still keeps Koi carp in a small garden pond. Those get to quite a size.

Hey Whir, I was rooting around in my closet last night looking for some computer parts and I found a few miscellaneous ram modules. I don't recall what type they are, but if you still need some ram, let me know what type and I'll look to see what I have.
    To those who might be saying goodbye, take your sadness in stride as you walk toward the beautiful horizon.

Blog Entries
    One of my dad's goldfish is about a foot long. It and two others stay in an outdoor pond during the summer. It's in a 55 gallon for the winter with another large goldfish and two medium-sized shubunkins and a papyrus plant.

Not sure where my fish will end up. He'll probably have to find a place to set up the 45 or my 46.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickslick74 View Post
    Hey Whir, I was rooting around in my closet last night looking for some computer parts and I found a few miscellaneous ram modules. I don't recall what type they are, but if you still need some ram, let me know what type and I'll look to see what I have.
    I was looking for some DDR2, but it's not a big deal. Networker said he had some for me, but never got to sending them. Since I'm moving soon and will have a decent income for a change, I will probably upgrade my system in the next few months. No reason to throw RAM in a computer I won't be using after that.

This one was about 8 to 10 inches, iirc. Long time ago, though. It got on well with the tropicals we kept it with. It's really surprising to see what sort of sizes those things can reach, if they have enough space. Especially if all you have seen are the tiny specimens you usually get in those awful, tiny tanks.

Time to blow up some internet tanks, I think. World of Tanks is fun and free, if anyone wants some pretend violence. The Russian tank line is generally best, and the game developers are Russian. Coincidence is a strange thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul9 View Post
    This one was about 8 to 10 inches, iirc. Long time ago, though. It got on well with the tropicals we kept it with. It's really surprising to see what sort of sizes those things can reach, if they have enough space. Especially if all you have seen are the tiny specimens you usually get in those awful, tiny tanks.
    Indeed, it's pretty amazing.

I will probably get something colorful and active in the future. I enjoy watching them swim around while contemplating various meaningful things. Goldfish are rough though, generally if they're full, they're sedentary. And mine know that I'm the food bringer, so if they're not full, they all group up in the corner of the tank closest to wherever I am. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Whir View Post
    I was looking for some DDR2, but it's not a big deal. Networker said he had some for me, but never got to sending them. Since I'm moving soon and will have a decent income for a change, I will probably upgrade my system in the next few months. No reason to throw RAM in a computer I won't be using after that.
    Gotcha. Good luck on the move to ND!

Blog Entries
    work is pissing me off today. Getting really tired of being asked to do something and then get the exact opposite a few minutes later.

Blog Entries
    Well, I went for a drive to the pet store, ostensibly to make sure there are no kinks in the operations of the XJ, and checked out the fish. I guess I never really paid attention before, but they do not take care of their aquariums at all. The insides are never scraped, the outsides have water drop staining all over them and the gravel is usually brown with decaying organics. I almost wish I could work there just for a weekend to clean it all up; I feel sorry for those fish.

Blog Entries
    Also, Youtube seems to be suffering a nervous breakdown.

Blog Entries
    Well I fired off a pissy email to the boss and some staff, then walked out the door.
    Welcoming weekend with open arms!

Deal with this all Monday when people actually, hopefully have their crap together.

All We Are Asking Networker4321's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoStarO1 View Post
    Well I fired off a pissy email to the boss and some staff, then walked out the door.
    Welcoming weekend with open arms!

Deal with this all Monday when people actually, hopefully have their crap together.

Good luck with Monday Karin, not the best day for the people I work with,,,
    Lot's of absent people on Monday.

I thought I was experiencing the biggest thread kill ever. I can NOT believe that last thread was that large. I can't recall a time in my life when I had NO personal life. It is SO busy.

I scrolled up in mail here in the office and clicked on the last TechIMO email and it said, "No thread specified" Aha, a clue. I looked to the right and saw "90" and then,,,I finally got it.

So Neo, let's try and just have a life this weekend. Sunday is my first "shut in" communion service. No idea how many people on the list. I may be on the road from Sunday school to Sunday night services. But, I think it will be very rewarding.

Congrats on getting out of the office and letting off a little steam!

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whir, can you use this in your system?

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory Model CMX1024-3200C2

How much do you need for gas to get you to ND? Ill send you some cash if you need it to help you get a start on your new endeavor!

pm me!

Blog Entries
    Oh I'll enjoy this weekend for sure.

Thanks net.

Blog Entries
    Okay I got a dumb question for you boys.

If I plug my laptop in hardwired to my connection will I get a faster load speed than wireless?

I am thinking yes.

But i'll let ya'll concur on this first.

Thread Information