+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ski doo mxz 700

ski doo mxz 700

i have a 2001 ski doo mxz 700 the other day i put new plugs in it and if ran fine, today i started it up let it warm up and when i took off i fouled a plug, so whatever i put a new set in and it ran fine...getting on down the road it shut off, i thought it was maybe the teather switch or just the kill switch, but i cant quit figure it out, because it will die out, and i can start it up in one pull, and it runs fine again until it dies. sometimes it will run for 10 minutes and sometimes it ill run for 5 seconds, i cleaned the carbs and have tried diffrent plugs again but still think it is coming from the kill switch is the only thing i can think of....someone please help me....thank you

SAME PROBLEM. ANSWERS?

Hey
    I have ran into the same problem this season trying to get my sled ready. I have cleaned carbs changed plugs ran through the lines. but it still dies just like you described. just shutting off randomly while riding or just sitting there. did you figure out how to fix it? hopefully you still check this and could get back to me....my e-mail is mark.r.schmidt@maine.edu....if you could send me an email letting me know if you found an answer thatd be great thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skidooracing3 View Post
    i have a 2001 ski doo mxz 700 the other day i put new plugs in it and if ran fine, today i started it up let it warm up and when i took off i fouled a plug, so whatever i put a new set in and it ran fine...getting on down the road it shut off, i thought it was maybe the teather switch or just the kill switch, but i cant quit figure it out, because it will die out, and i can start it up in one pull, and it runs fine again until it dies. sometimes it will run for 10 minutes and sometimes it ill run for 5 seconds, i cleaned the carbs and have tried diffrent plugs again but still think it is coming from the kill switch is the only thing i can think of....someone please help me....thank you
    Any luck with finding your problem? I saw your post on TechIMO.com and I was wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was. Iím having the same issues with my 1999 MXZ 700 it starts and runs great until itís warm but then after a few minutes it cuts out and dies and then it wonít start for awhile. Apparently I still have good spark after it dies, I had already taken the carbs off before I had the problem so I brought the snowmobile to a repair shop and he told me it appeared to be an issue with the pilot jet so they took the carbs apart again and made sure everything was clean. The mechanic said the carbs looked good and clean so they put it back together and adjusted the carbs and he said it started and ran great however he said they never really found a problem so Iím not convinced they fixed the issue. Iím probably going to give it a good run this Sunday so I would be happy to let you know if they fixed the issue if you havenít fixed yours yet but if you have any insight I would really appreciate it!

2001 500f summit

hello i have a 500f summit
    even when its hot when you push the reverse button it switches then starts to stall right away i have to rev it up to keep going but when yoiu go back to foward it idles fine

Glad we could help!
    Government is a disease pretending to be a cure!

I am having close to the same problem. 03 mxz 600. It dies after a small ride and will not start back up for about 20 min. Cleaned carbs, new rings, all new gaskets. Spark is good compression is normal. Anyone have a clue. I am lost

mxz 800

i have a 2001 skidoo put new plugs cleaned out carbs and new voltage reg. it runs great for about 4 mins runs on one cylinder then i let it idle or a min on one cylinderthen it runs back on two, runs fine for about 5 mins than agaqin it runs on one and longer i run it the worste it gets then it will just bog out and die i go to pull the pull start and its hard as hell to crank it over and the pull start wont coil back. im thinking the crank is shifting over and the bearigs are bad. it might shifted and everything is pushing onto the pull start but i had a compression test and i had 130 on the clutch side and 140 on the other side. it did this to me about 3 times already and it wont start for like a day and then it will run again. im about to burn this sled to the ground im getting so mad. lights work perfect when it acts up i have spark on both cylinders but wont start got fuel. any answers

zen

Blog Entries
    2 years 2 months to an answer

Thumbs up big air little dude

My 03 mxz 600 rev runs great flat out but idle to 4000 rpm it aks like it is cold no matter what I put in new plugs and cleaned the carbs checked the coil replaced carb gaskrts also reed gaskets checked for leaks all ok my friend says go from stock 17.5 primary jets to 20 to 25s ,does anybody think that will help out my problems thanks

neb

Quote Originally Posted by big kirk View Post
    My 03 mxz 600 rev runs great flat out but idle to 4000 rpm it aks like it is cold no matter what I put in new plugs and cleaned the carbs checked the coil replaced carb gaskrts also reed gaskets checked for leaks all ok my friend says go from stock 17.5 primary jets to 20 to 25s ,does anybody think that will help out my problems thanks
    I have a 2002 MXZ 700 with similar problem. When reving up to go it sounds awful hard to explain but it doesnt have that smooth take off that all other sleds have. I bought it brand new and brought it back in three weeks because of this and the dealer told me it had something to do with the RER so i thought id get used to it 3000 miles later to this day i complain about it every time i go for a ride it also runs strange in the 20 to 40 mph range not sure if its engine or clutches been hearing some talk about changing needle position in carbs not sure about that either. very hard problem to describe just not a smooth running drivetrain never has been. Wish somebody has had the same trouble and knows what ails it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information