+ Reply to Thread

I can't ge trid of my long distance phone company

Hi. My name is Poli and I was relocated from Romania to Detroit, USA. A few months ago I have signed up with Modaphone - a long distance povider - to call my relatives back in Europe, but I wasn't satisfied at all, so I've cancelled my account and I have signed up with another company - Pulse Telecom. Everything was fine for a while, but Modaphone took me back without my permission, even I've cancelled my account. I wanna go with Pulse Telecom o what shall I do? How can I get rid of Modaphone?

Wait until you sign up with a US cellular service provider. You'll NEVER get out of that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Poli TM View Post
    Hi. My name is Poli and I was relocated from Romania to Detroit, USA. A few months ago I have signed up with Modaphone - a long distance povider - to call my relatives back in Europe, but I wasn't satisfied at all, so I've cancelled my account and I have signed up with another company - Pulse Telecom. Everything was fine for a while, but Modaphone took me back without my permission, even I've cancelled my account. I wanna go with Pulse Telecom o what shall I do? How can I get rid of Modaphone?
    Is there a computer back home? You can download SKYPE and add a microphone to your computer and talk for hours for free.
    Obama Lies
    Grandma Dies

The only problem is my mom from Romania doesn't have a computer. She is still using her old, clasic land-line phone. That's why I need Pulse Telecom.

Blog Entries
    Have you called Modaphone's customer support (assuming they have any)? Is that even a US company, or is it Europe-based?

Modaphone it's US-based. They have very cheap rates to call Europe, but their connection is extremely bad. They have called me every day to make me sign up with them and after I signed I couldn't reach their Customer Service. I was put on hold for hours.

Blog Entries
    Hit up the Better Business Bureau website and see what you can do about it. Getting a lawyer involved usually gets you noticed quick, but there's the money issue there.

Their Customer Service is horrible, only 8 hours/day, M-F from 9.00-5.00 EST. I guess it's much easier to find Ben Laden than to find a CS Rep from Modaphone. This is another reason I wanna get rid of this company. Someone told me that Pulse Telecom has a good Customer Service, the rates are almost the same and the connection is excellent. I called their Telemarketing phone number and I signed up with Pulse, but after one week, someone from Pulse called me to let me know that Modaphone got me back. What the...

Blog Entries
    Well, If they are taking money out of a bank account I would have the bank stop payment to them.
    You people are you satisfied with this kind of world? I'm not.

Several things:
    Cut off their money supply either via credit card or bank account
    Call your phone company or isp and ask them to help - whoever's wires they are using to get to your voice.

Try:
    ClarkHoward.com Home: Save More, Spend Less and Avoid Rip-Offs on clarkhoward.com

This is a consumer advocate site, and he has a radio show also. They have people who can help you. Just dig through the links to find a way to e mail your problem to them.

IMO, they are a trust worthy site so you can give them your account number and phone number - no banking info, tho...
    "The Obama Administration is almost over. It is the end of an error."

Finally I could reach Modaphone, I've cancelled my account (again!) and I got a cancelation number. I hope I won't get any other bills from them, only from Pulse Telecom.
    Thanks for your advices!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information