+ Reply to Thread

Question Fedex Ground vs Fedex Express Saver handling?

I'm wondering what the differences are between Fedex Ground and Fedex Express Saver, in the way that the packages are handled. Does Fedex handle Ground packages in the same way that it handles Express Saver?

The reason I'm asking is that I've heard that UPS will handle a 3-Day Select package better than a Ground package. I'm wondering if Fedex is the same as UPS in that regard, or if Fedex treats Ground and Express Saver packages the same way. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Mike Gnitecki

I don't know the difference between the supersaver and normal service as how they treat it. Whenever I order from Newegg usuing the supersaver I get the package within two days usually (they are based in CA, and I'm in WA), and it's always in great shape. I once ordered through ups from another web site. I payed $12 or something, and it came in a crushed box. Since then I've been a loyal FedExien.

Personally, I've never had any problems with either Fed Ex or UPS. I prefer UPS because they have their office locally. I have to drive 12 miles to Fed Ex.
    RayH42450@gmail.com
    Please indicate you are from TechIMO in subject line so you don't get deleted as spam :)

Ups has left thing's at my door and walked away. fedex has never done that. My neihbors are honest to a point, but there are some I would not trust. I certainly don't want my delivery man to just set it down and walk away.

FedEx ground= thrown AND drop kicked
    FedEx saver= just thrown...

LOL

Fedex ground is some how cheaper than UPS ground, but they don't guarantee delivery in 7 days. One time a package took 10 days.

With Fedex Saver you'll get in 3 days max.
    I'm glad UPS has a 3 day too... before it was 2 day, or wait 7 days for ground.

No kidding, I ordered once from buy.com , which are located like 30 min from my house... and UPS took 7 days from the day they received it , to the day they delivered to me !!!
    www.TheGalantCenter.com

Actually there is a HUGE difference between FedEx ground/home delivery and FedEx Express (1, 2 3 day).
    They are actually 2 different companies.
    Federal Express the air company bought out RPS (Roadway Package System) around 2000 i believe, because FedEx wanted ground service to compete with UPS.
    FedEx ground are independent drivers, and have their own hubs for the most part.

My experiences have usually been lackluster at best with them. without going into details, I cringe when i see them as my carrier, and do my best to use anyone else but them.
    FedEx air is great though, never had a problem.
    E8400 @ 4.2Ghz (1.18-1.29v)||DFI UT P45-T2RS ||HD6950 (Unlocked Shaders) @ 950/1450||8Gb G-Skill DDR2||Dual Boot: XP=500GB , Win7=120GB Agility SSD, Shared D drive=1TB, Int/Ext 1TB backups.

Oh, and as for UPS, depending on where you live, a lot of 3 day select are actually handled on the same plane shipments with the next day and 2 day stuff. smaller loads, handled separately from ground most of the time.

if you're close, it goes ground some times and gets mixed in with all the other ground stuff piled in the big semi's.
    E8400 @ 4.2Ghz (1.18-1.29v)||DFI UT P45-T2RS ||HD6950 (Unlocked Shaders) @ 950/1450||8Gb G-Skill DDR2||Dual Boot: XP=500GB , Win7=120GB Agility SSD, Shared D drive=1TB, Int/Ext 1TB backups.

I know with FED Ex Ground they throw it in the garden where it gets wet.

I guess Fed Ex air, they throw it over the roof...

What a bunch of pigs.
    It's OK to Stonewall on the IRS Probes: "In Republican Hands, the IRS Will be a Force for Good"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kingUltra View Post
    Fedex ground is some how cheaper than UPS ground, but they don't guarantee delivery in 7 days. One time a package took 10 days.

With Fedex Saver you'll get in 3 days max.
    I'm glad UPS has a 3 day too... before it was 2 day, or wait 7 days for ground.

No kidding, I ordered once from buy.com , which are located like 30 min from my house... and UPS took 7 days from the day they received it , to the day they delivered to me !!!

For ups ground there's a delivery time based on their regional hubs. If that buy.com warehouse actually shipped from that location it should have shown up the next day. My family company uses ups for shipping our products and they're very reliable as far as when it's going to be delivered.

Oh, for delivery in the continental US UPS ground delivery can't take more than 5 business days, however, even if you get next day air and send it on a friday your package won't get there till monday (unless you pay for saturday delivery)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGn View Post
    The reason I'm asking is that I've heard that UPS will handle a 3-Day Select package better than a Ground package. I'm wondering if Fedex is the same as UPS in that regard, or if Fedex treats Ground and Express Saver packages the same way. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Mike Gnitecki
    What do you mean by better? I worked at UPS and if you mean that it won't get thrown around, punched as it is forced to fit in a space it shouldn't physically fit in, then no, it doesn't get treated better.

Blog Entries
    Has no one realized this thread is from 2002?

nooooo!!! I fell pray to the dead thread resurrection.....

Blog Entries
    gah, why do people bring these things back?

Angry UPS Really?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Oh, and as for UPS, depending on where you live, a lot of 3 day select are actually handled on the same plane shipments with the next day and 2 day stuff. smaller loads, handled separately from ground most of the time.

if you're close, it goes ground some times and gets mixed in with all the other ground stuff piled in the big semi's.
    I have had UPS slaughter a $500 dollar Silk Suit I bought for my wife, multiple deliveries of electronics products and numbers of other things. And, even worse, the driver will throw the delivery on the front porch, sigh the form as if they were the one receiving the package and run like hell to get away before anyonw can see them. The driver hid the Suit, that was packaged in a brown box, behind the landscaping on "brown" mulch, where it couldn't be easily found. Three weeks later we found it after being rained on 4 to 5 times. Silk doesn't react well to rain and brown box die. Then, because the driver signed the delivery receipt, UPS would not pay on the delivery insurance the store purchaced on the package. Said it was signed for with no damages marked and they weren't responsible after that. Would not send anything UPS, if you want it to arrive un-damaged.

UPS 3DAY SAVE

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post

Actually, UPS 3 Day select is handled through their ground sort. If you ship out a package on a Saturday for UPS and request 3 Day select, it will not move until Monday because it is not really considered air. FedEx Saver is actually considered air and will move in their express system. FedEx ground and home deliver are the only products that move via the ground network. The ground driver are actually more concerned about picking up and delivering ground package because they own their routes and are entrepreneurs. The are help personally responsilbe for every package on their routes, therefore, they have a vested interest in ensuring that the packages make it by the delivery date and in good condition. UPS on the other hand are union drivers, and they can care less of the delivery time and the condition of the package because they will get paid regardless. Just an FYI!
    Last edited by GWEN JONES; June 17th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWEN JONES View Post
    ...Just an FYI!
    Yeah, just an FYI, your commenting on a reply from 5 years ago in a thread from a decade ago...
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information