+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 162 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3229

Thread: Is It Just Me?

Misanthropic
    Blog Entries
    Flash flood watch for a couple more days.

Guess I'll watch a movie and relax.

and more rain, at least down here there is

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Flash flood watch for a couple more days.

Guess I'll watch a movie and relax.
    Maybe Poseidon Adventure?

Well, hopefully these new tires work out well, desperately needed newer ones, went with a great deal on these high performance all seasons.

Speed rating, its way overkill for my car, but performance ratings based on reviews and what not, and price per tire, is what I went for, and I've used this brand before, and best I've ever used/owned.

Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 205/55R16

About $67 a tire, with tax and shipping, came to $350.

Oddly the H and V rated versions aren't available for my car for whatever reason, but the W rated ones are?

Wait till pay day, and use some of that for installation costs.

I wanted to get dedicated snow/winter tires, studless tires, but at $90 a piece minimum, a whole set was out of the question, and I only have a single set of rims, not wanting to swap tires on and off twice a year, I went with a single set of All Seasons, as right now, anything is better that what I have now.

Also ordered a new WiFi Router, hopefully this one works better. The "old" netgear I have has been crapping out as of late, the DSL Modem with its WiFi router part (Actiontec) is unreliable, you can connect from other side of the house, but often immediately it will say its out of range.

And if you do connect, and get a good speed, its hit or miss when it will crap out, and devices latch on to the Netgear router and its network, which comes and goes when it wants.

I haven't unbricked my Tenda AC Router yet, and I still have to crack it open and put better cooling on its components as well, but I can use it as a wired Gigabit router if I need to, or a NAS, with its USB port.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered that TP Link Router above, for the price, it isn't bad.

Read some reviews and its not a bad over all router, so hoping it solves our issues. Namely for those using the WiFi in the house, which is me and my brothers phones, my tablet, my moms tablet and netbook, and her smart TV, and the 2 Amazon Fire TV devices.

And then there is my laptop on occasion.

Otherwise this past week or so since the new year started has started off rather well, had some fun with a female friend twice this week, and will leave it off at that (use your imaginations, LOL)...

Really not sure if this will go on to anything more serious though, but what ever the outcome still staying friends regardless. We have some things to discuss, or more likely I do, we had a lengthy chat the other night after going to see the new Underworld Blood wars movie, which wasn't all that bad.

She likes me, I like her, as friends, and maybe a bit more, but the last couple weeks things had gotten a bit beyond flirty via messages and what not, and well, one day was supposed to be us meeting for lunch, it turned into a LOT more than lunch.

Then Friday night things went well beyond just friends.

After that though, I've had all weekend to think about some stuff, and she even told me I have some stuff to think about before I drove her home that night.

Unofficially for the time being we're in a relationship, "on the down low", so no seeing anyone else, but at the same time, I'm not really sure at this point if we really could have anything more. She's working 2 jobs, and taking care of 4 kids, and not a whole lot of free time, so any dates we do have, are going to most likely end up going to a movie, or show, or grab a bite to eat, and then end up well, having a little "playtime" later...

Anyways, after I get done with work tomorrow, I'm stopping over at another female friends place, see how she's doing after some surgery last week, and chat with her about some of this stuff, get another woman's perspective so to speak, plus she knows the other one I'm hanging out with, so she might be able to offer some advice, insight, etc.

On the upside, lately this past year, most of my friends I've been hanging out with when I do, which isn't often, has been female friends, with a couple guy friends in the mix.

Oddly, most of my good/better female friends, I can be a bit more open, talkative, and discuss this stuff with, including the one I'm hanging out with right now. Meanwhile, many of the women I've really been interested in the past years, I can't seem to strike up a conversation with them at all, with out screwing something up, and sounding like a bumbling idiot, LOL
    Last edited by ShyguyXPC; January 9th, 2017 at 01:31 AM.

Morning!

I always sound like a bumbling idiot, Shy.

In other news, I managed to drag myself out of bed and made it to work for the first time this year.

Blog Entries
    I've found the key to beginning a relationship is finding someone who speaks my unique version "bumbling idiot". It's a peculiar dialect, not many get it.
    The good ones will.

I concur with howste and tony. Finding someone who appreciates your own unique brand of bumbling idiotness is quite eye opening. I know I'm lucky to have found my bumbling match!
    To those who might be saying goodbye, take your sadness in stride as you walk toward the beautiful horizon.

Blog Entries
    I have used Sumitomo tires with good results for daily driving. Currently I have Sumitomo H treads on my Mercedes 560SEL.

I have Hankook W treads on my Trans Am. They hook good on dry pavement and seem okay in rain, though the TA rarely ventures outside on rainy days.... or most days anymore. IIRC, I drove down the street and back last month.
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

I have some tires on my cars. I think they're black.

Blog Entries
    Mine are kinda white right now. Salt crust, I think.

Driveway needs to be blown out but I don't want to deal with it right now.
    THE DONALD FOR AMERICA

The temperatures were above 32° today and it was raining. The ice and crud on my driveway is all gone now. There's only 4-5 inches of snow left in the yard.

I need a new car for my tyres.

Morning!

I decided I'd go to work again today. Then I can keep things like my car and house.

Blog Entries
    Ditto. Plus, it was 17C/63F by the time I left the house!

63 degrees with 30- 40 mph winds here....

New Tires arrived today, despite the white out conditions, excess snow, and drifting conditions. We got a small dumping yesterday, it stopped, but early this morning around 3 or 4AM it started freezing rain and sleet, and by dawn it was snowing, and blowing.

By the time I was done around 2PM it was white out conditions and major drifting in many areas.

Anyways, around 4PM, UPS dropped off the Tires, as they were shipped out of Roseville the day before.

Now just have to call around/price shop installation costs, and see if anyone can fix my leaky valve stem (hoping its just that, and not the TPMS part on the left rear wheel).

New TP Link Router should be here tomorrow... ironically, at Home Depot, they dropped the price on some TP Link Wireless AC 1200 routers they had from Black Friday, Archer C50, down to $13

TP-LINK Archer C50 AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Router-Newegg.com

So I picked up a couple just for the heck of it, one for me, one to ship to a friend.

The one I have arriving tomorrow, is a bit better, has Gigabit ports instead of 10/100, and I think slightly faster wireless speeds, and maybe one or two other main differences, but I figured I could use this one as a range extender or something if needed, or I could have it as a stand by if the new one craps out on me...

Wish these had dropped last week, I could of saved $70 in spending this weekend.

But oh well.

I got a check from a scammer today for $1610. I don't think I'll try to cash it.

Use that to pay your taxes. 😉

Morning!

Taxes? I thought smart people didn't have to pay them...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information