+ Reply to Thread

Iraq and UN agree return of inspectors

"UN and Iraqi officials agree practical arrangements for the return to Iraq of inspectors looking for weapons of mass destruction."

I got 10 that says US and the UK will attack anyway...

Leader of the Crab People Redwolf's Avatar
    I say 20 we either find WMDs or our inspectors are restricted.

Blog Entries
    I see your 20 and raise you 50 that we are restricted with in the first 20 days.

shahani
    I see your 50 and raise you 100 that many more countries will join this effort.

I heard about the Russians complaining about the US and saying we were the problem as to the NATO inspectors not being able to continue with their inspections.......

Almost like the old days when they blamed us for everything.
    "Sometimes life is just what we make it."

i wanna see how this one goes, dubya is way infront of the
    curve here, and he's talked up this iraq threat big time,
    so if he does nothing....
    but on KFI radio (john and ken show)
    dubya was called "the churchill of our time"
    for having the vision to say saddam must be stopped.
    so i wonder, will saddam show some sanity and allow
    full inspections? or not? it doesnt seem real sane
    to me to provoke an attack on your little country
    by the strongest nation on earth.
    my signature was so lame i deleted it.

I thought Iraq had already agreed to allow UN inspectors in.........

The question is, what are the terms?

Originally posted by Warthog
    Originally posted by Hussein
    NO PEEKING!!!
    ~ Camp Crystal Lake counselor positions opening daily ~

Blog Entries
    At this point I believe they include several days warning before inspecting palaces and some locations.

Notttttttttttttt!

I also heard that hospitals were off limits. Hmmmmm, Who would be equipped to make bio weapons.

Last edited by Epidemic; October 2nd, 2002 at 07:46 AM.

"Mr Blix said the inspectors would have unconditional access - but crucially not to eight presidential palaces"

From BBC

Now who would be silly enough to give a radical middle eastern country samples of bio engineered chemicals?

You can really see why "Churchill" wants to get in there and bust some heads. There's two issues that are laughing in his face.
    The US military support of Iraq in the 80's, and Bush Sr not finishing this ten years ago.

"Saddam tried to kill my dad" LMAO
    All credibility gone...just like THAT.
    Tell me again how this isn't a personal vendetta.
    Damn, and I've been so good at keeping quiet lately.

Ok,
    I wanted the UN involved. CHECK
    I wanted weapons inspectors to go in. CHECK
    No unannounced visits on the palaces or government buildings...12 square miles of off limit area. What's the point?

Inspect the unrestricted areas, and once that is done, say open up...we're coming in. Hussein is in no position to argue.Any attempt on the inspectors will be an international act of war, so we will either get a complete look around, or Desert Storm II. At least this way, if it comes down to an incursion, the US will have full support.

"Saddam tried to kill my dad" LMAO
    I see your 100 and raise you double, that Dana Carvey must want to kiss him for that gem.

"Saddam tried to kill my dad"

haha

i was just wondering if any of you guys were willing to lay down your life (join the army) to fight in iraq...

IMO unless we're attacked, it's a little something i like to call "not my problem"

Just because saddam could nail Israel and Saudi Arabia et al, is it OUR concern? Perhaps we ask israel and the surrounding countries if they feel threatened and if they are then we should offer to ASSIST them, not jump in hell for leather and attack Iraq

http://www.bash.org/?35818

yes, that IS me and eddy speaking we concluded that "Iraq has not enough beer"

Originally posted by mad1
    "Mr Blix said the inspectors would have unconditional access - but crucially not to eight presidential palaces"

From BBC
    No problem. Just bomb those 8 palaces right now. Then we'll go inspect!

Evidently, Saddam takes us for a buncha fools.

Let's not prove him right again!

Misanthropic
    Blog Entries
    Does it matter? He can let us search EVERY palace of his but we will STILL go bomb him.
    Do you blame him for stalling?

I think Sadam is just playing along to keep us at arms lenght until the cool months pass and the hot months begin (March) . Eventually, he is going to get his nuke, and dare us to do anything about it.

When he gets a useable nuke, that will pretty much guarantee that Iraq's casualty count will be much greater because the stakes are so high.

Everyone seems so cynical when it comes to protecting our country. I just don't think people can put away their dislike of George W. long enough to clear their heads enough to think about the threat that we are facing. In the cold war with the Russians, we had MAD- Mutually Assured Destruction- and I don't want to go there with Iraq!

Supports the US policy of regime change in Iraq. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has repeatedly called for President Bush not to delay military action.

The Israeli public is being prepared for retaliatory Iraqi missile attacks against Israel.
    from BBC

it seems Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Israel are with the US\UK, but Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Iran are sitting on the fence.

Blog Entries
    Quoting Lemonhead,

"i was just wondering if any of you guys were willing to lay down your life (join the army) to fight in iraq..."

You say that as if you are not in the millitary.

In general almost 100% of the millitary people I speak with want to go over there. So people who join the millitary do want to put their life on the line for you. Well maybe not you but Americans. J/K

The people who are in harms way believe the risk to be valid.

Si vis pacem, para bellum daveleau's Avatar
    This yo-yo stunt by Iraq will continue until the US/UN attacks. Iraq is playing into the hearts of the anti-war people and abiding by the resolutions one day and then reneging when the inspectors get to the border. I hope the majority of us are smart enough to see his game and see that he cannot be allowed to do this.

Well we have two choices:
    1- risk our lives as military members and attack the evil regime who is attempting to make weapons which he will use on his neighbors as he has always used his WMD that he had at hand (ask the Kurds how chem warfare is like)

2- risk the lives of everyone in the world by not acting and sitting on our laurels while we wait for Saddam to bring the fight to us and kill the millions that he is trying to become able to do

The answer is simple and I do not understand why people even question it. It is either destroy and disarm the Iraqi military or the rest of the world will be destroyed as terrorists and Iraqis get free reign with nukes.

If we continue to listen to the complete blithering and illogical people talking about diplomacy when we have exhausted every means of diplomacy for the past 11 years, then we will NEVER BE SAFE. Iraq has laughed at the UN and the US for the past 11 years by not adhering to ANY of the resolutions. Those who want no war are condemning the world to a fate similar to those who died in Nazi camps and in the 9/11 massacre.

Hey if Saddam has nothing to hide then why play the cat and mouse game?

GW #1 Dropped the ball by not being a good finisher.

GW #2 Better be a good finisher or we'll all be sorry sooner or later.

If Iraq pulls one restriction and the UN doesn't say go for it, That will probably be the beginning of the end of the UN
    Go Pats

shahani
    Nicely summed up, Speedo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information