+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Some assembly required Knothead's Avatar
    How delightful! I am so happy you liked it (and even happier that I managed to type it out with forgetting something!)

If you are BBQ fans, I recommend a search for my Tri-Tip recipe....dead easy, and you would not belive how good it is....

We're enjoying Theophylact's Guiness Beef stew tonight, with homemade bisquits....WHEEEEEEEEE!!

Originally posted by Knothead
    How delightful! I am so happy you liked it (and even happier that I managed to type it out with forgetting something!)

If you are BBQ fans, I recommend a search for my Tri-Tip recipe....dead easy, and you would not belive how good it is....

We're enjoying Theophylact's Guiness Beef stew tonight, with homemade bisquits....WHEEEEEEEEE!!
    I made the same thing for St. Patrick's Day and chocolate kahlua trifle for desert

Ultimate sumfin i guess Omardeth's Avatar
    i didn't get no dinner ..
    " If you kill a man you're a murderer ..... Kill many and you're a conquerer ....... Kill them all ... your a GOD...."

I'm having baked chicken tonight with mashed potatoes (no gravy) and rice (a Filipino staple).

It was an Arby's night after dealing with the horid Walmart. We are having something with tripe and rice tomorrow.

-RADAR

Two cans of tuna and a protein shake baby!

I'm working out seriously again, so I'm being strict with my diet...ok, ok...so I had a Smirnoff Ice or two.

Thanks for the recipes guys...I need to get my TechIMO cookbook going, I've got so many pages printed out from this place it's unreal. Doing a search for your BBQ now Todd...

EDIT: BINGO!!!
    Originally posted by Knothead

Here's my not-so-secret recipe for the greatest BBQ beef you will ever put in your mouth, I swear:

USDA Choice Tri-Tip roast--at least a half a pound per person (sounds like a lot, but believe me, there are NEVER any leftovers!)

Wright's Liquid Smoke, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.

Put about 1/4 cup of each, garlic, salt, pepper. Mix 'em up.

Pat the roast with about a tablespoon's worth of the Liquid Smoke, then roll it in the powder mixture.

Put it on the BBQ at a low enough heat that it can go about an hour. For insurance, use a small thermometer, and when the inside temp is about 125 degrees F., pull it off , slice it thin, cross-grain, and on an angle to make the slices wide as possible.

You won't believe it. Your friends will just think you're the BBQ king!
    Lemme just say my mouth is waterin'...
    Last edited by Martoch; March 23rd, 2003 at 12:16 AM.
    ~ Camp Crystal Lake counselor positions opening daily ~

man. i wish i had real food for dinner.
    tonight i had 2 pb and strawberry jams on honey wheat. and some nacho cheese bugles
    last night... lets see... when it was really last night i had 2 galley boys and fries from swensons. (OMG thoes are sooo good) and a choc. shake. (also soooo good) then at 2am or so i went to sheetz and had a 6" roasted chicken on white with mayo letuce and white american cheese (they were out of pepper jack) and a bacon egg and cheader shmusket.
    when i woke up at whatever time... 5pm i think i had a strawberry poptart
    i'm a little comfused to which meal was what..

Blog Entries
    Man that bbq beef sounds really good. but question thou. What is liquid smoke? Never heard of that. Whats it used for mostly? And where do you get it? Is it spendy?

Tonight we are having sauteed cream of mushroom soup pork chops with mash patoatoes and greenbeens or corn. Haven't decided on the last two yet. WE all love green beens and they get ait up fast. So we might do corn cuz low on the beaners.

Knothead can you do the sam e receipte but in a oven rather than a bbq???

Blog Entries
    Well Tonight we are having pork egg rolls, jasmine rice, Califlower, brocilli, carrots in a cheese sauce.

yum yum.

Normally our pork egg rolls are not meat only, I didn't have some the other ingrediants for it. Not in our food stores ( meaning my cabinets ) normally you mix the ground pork with black fungus mushrooms (found in asian store) shreaded green cabbage and egg all mixxded up and rolled up in eggroll wrapper.

eggroll wrapper is Simex Quaulity original Lumpia Wrapper (eggroll wrapper) Comes in a box and there is two sets of eggroll wrappers about 30 in each bag.

Mix up your stuff first!!!!
    Defrost your wrappers (if taken from freezer) at room tempurare for day. Slowly peel apart the wrappers. but need to do it quickly but slow so it doesn't completely dry out. Then once you get done wrap up your contoctiece (sp?) and rub the edge with egg (to seal it up, egg is used like a glue) then deep fry them.

Important: if you open a bag of wrappers you must use it all up or throw it away cuz its really really thin and drys out very quickly. So put the other unwrapped package in the freezer to keep them good for your next dinner.

Enjoy.

Edit: oh ya, and for dessert we are having Apple Crumble.
    Recipe by bebeangel
    Last edited by NeoStarO1; March 24th, 2003 at 10:48 PM.

Originally posted by NeoStarO1
    Man that bbq beef sounds really good. but question thou. What is liquid smoke? Never heard of that. Whats it used for mostly? And where do you get it? Is it spendy?

In the spice area. It's a flavoring. Liquid and in a little bottle. I don't think it's too much and it's one of those things you have in the cupboard for ages (like vanilla).

I'm too lazy. Chicken cooked with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry) sprinkled on it before cooking. Great seasoning.

Blog Entries
    Done that a many a time. Love that hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix!!! Even thier dill party dip mix is great too.

NeoStarO1, how was the apple crumble?

Well, tonight we had tripe with potatoes and cheese. Found out that hubby doesn't like tripe so he ended up eating left over BBQ from yesterday. Tomorrow, I have no clue what to cook but hey I still have time

My wife worked diligently to make a filipino dish composed of tripe. I was quite sad that I did not like it after she worked so hard. I must say that everything else she has ever made I loved.

-RADAR

today I made my famous "Carne Con Chile Arroz con Chicharos" Which is like a beef stew with cubed beef only and a hot sauce made of one tomatoe, and five jalapenos. Then rice with peas.

here is the recepie.

Carne Con Chile.

In a sauce pan boil about 5oz of water and ad one roman tomatoe and five to six jalapenos. (you can add a clove of garlic, or do what I did later on)

Let them simmer for about ten-fifteen minutes and turn off.

A good thing to do while the peppers and tomatoe are simmering is to heat up a pan and add the cubed beef, NO OIL, let all the water come out of the beef and let it simmer in it's juices until it's almost gone.

Then you will add the jalapenos and tomatoe in a blender and purify it.

add the mix to the beef and let it simmer while on the same sauce pan you add a table spoon of flour and 1oz of water and wisk over heat and slowsly add it to the stew while mixing it in little by little to avoid lumping. This makes the sauce into a light gravy.

Add some granulated garlic to taste and salt to taste.

Arroz con chicharos

In another pan add about three table spoons of oil, I generally only use Extra Virgin Olive oil by Bertolli. Lightly brown the rice and add water enough to cover the rice and add Knorrs tomato bullion, about 3 table spoons and add a half a teaspoon of Cumino and a dash of curry powder. Then add a can of sweet peas and bring it to a boil.

After it starts to boil taste and add water if peas and rice not covered. If it's too salty then remove some water and add some fresh water or just add carrots and/or cubbed potatoes.

Simmer, check the rice often so that the water level doesn't get too low. If you need to add water add it 2oz at a time, you don't want pudding here. After you notice the rice being soft try it, if it's soft remove from heat and let it stand for five mins so that the moisture will be absorved and you won't have rice soup. If you have rice soup then you can just either boil off the water or remove it by placing the lid on the pan and tilting it to remove the excess water and then simmering the rize for 1min and let it stand for five.

Depending on how much beef you will make, you might want to double the ingredients.

If you don't want it too hot, just go on ahead and use about 2 jalapenos. I usually use 6-10 and give it a real bite

almost forgot.

Tomorrow is my g/f's b-day so I'm taking her to the olive garden and I already know what I want. Fettuccine Alfredo

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by bebeangel
    NeoStarO1, how was the apple crumble?

In the oven right now cooking, has about another 5 to 10 minutes left. Smells right yummy and was easy to make too.

Only real question I had was I wasn't sure if you was/are suppose to have a lid on it while its baking so I am baking it without a lid.

Only other thing I had to change was I didn't have stick butter so ended up using a cup of margine, (tub kind) So hopefully that will be okay. Dough tastes like the sugar bread it was yummy.

So will give the verdict later tonight what everyone thinks.

I feel fat

Originally posted by NeoStarO1

In the oven right now cooking, has about another 5 to 10 minutes left. Smells right yummy and was easy to make too.

Only real question I had was I wasn't sure if you was/are suppose to have a lid on it while its baking so I am baking it without a lid.

Only other thing I had to change was I didn't have stick butter so ended up using a cup of margine, (tub kind) So hopefully that will be okay. Dough tastes like the sugar bread it was yummy.

So will give the verdict later tonight what everyone thinks.
    I normally bake without a cover. Are you going to serve it with ice-cream?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Apple Crumble Verdict!!!!!

OMG Im such a Gluttionious Pig.........er Rodent!!!!!!

I couldn't stop eating it. I feel about 50 times fatter now!!! That is some good stuff!!!! Kids like it and my bf LOVES IT!!!!

Originally posted by thekingofpain
    I feel fat
    TKOP Wait till you try this Apple Crumble!! Then you will feel it!!!

Thanks for a great reciepe!!!! We are stuffed from dinner and dessert!!!

i'm glad that you all like it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information