Thread: A few problems in Kubuntu
July 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM #1
A few problems in Kubuntu
Last night I installed Kubuntu again to give it another try...and I guess I got further than I thought I would in the 3 hours I spent on it.
So far I have
gotten my lcd's native resolution working,
gotten truecrypt working,
gotten my wireless to work once in a while.
I still have quite a few problems that I haven't been able to solve however.
- I really need to get my wireless to keep working. Half the time when I boot the wireless just doesn't work. Once in a while it seems I do something that fixes it, but I haven't discovered what that is yet. In the KNetwork Manager (was that what it was called?), when it is working it shows my wireless network adapter in the list along with my wired adapter, when it doesn't work it doesn't list my wireless card in there at all. But it always shows my wireless adapter as on and working in the network configuration page.
- I also need to get my MX 1000 mouse working.
- So far the 2 main buttons and the scroll wheel work correctly.
- I need to get the side forward/back buttons working.
- I need to stop the left/right tilt on the scroll wheel and down on the scroll wheel from changing the volume level, and be used as a side scroll.
- I need to get the click up/down buttons above and below the scroll wheel to stop acting as a forward/back button and scroll in Konqueror, and just act as a like the scroll wheel.
- I'd also like to get the middle side button working and be able to choose what it does (maybe open an application or something).
There are a few other problems I had, but I don't remember them all right now, those two are major."The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln
July 28th, 2007, 12:01 PM #2
Anybody?"The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln
August 1st, 2007, 07:39 AM #3
- Join Date
- Oct 2001
- Blog Entries
Do you have the ability to plug the computer into the network and do an apt-get update / apt-get upgrade?
August 1st, 2007, 01:26 PM #4
I haven't tried, but it should work.
I played around with the wireless a bit more and it seems that if I disable the wireless through the Knetwork manager, then re-enable it the same way it starts working."The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln
August 7th, 2007, 03:22 PM #5
what version of kubuntu are you using? 7.04 comes with knetworkmanager which makes network management really simple. if you're using WPA encryption you may need to install wpa-supplicant.PeACE
August 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM #6
I think it is 7.04, and yes, I was using Knetworkmanager.
My wireless doesn't work unless I disable, then re-enable the connection through Knetworkmanager.
August 7th, 2007, 06:31 PM #7
- Join Date
- Feb 2007
- Blog Entries
Try these, see if that helps at all with the mouse...
August 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM #8
I looked through similar articles with imwheel, but they didn't work.
I will check those out when I get a chance though, thanks.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By EXreaction in forum Applications and Operating SystemsReplies: 1Last Post: August 17th, 2006, 11:05 PM
By sammy1991 in forum Technical SupportReplies: 1Last Post: July 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM
By ShuckyD in forum Linux and UnixReplies: 9Last Post: November 12th, 2005, 02:48 PM
By Piccolo00 in forum Graphics Cards and DisplaysReplies: 5Last Post: January 25th, 2004, 04:19 PM
By chromelocust in forum Technical SupportReplies: 2Last Post: March 21st, 2003, 03:50 AM