Thread: Laptop's Webcam Doesn't Work
August 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Laptop's Webcam Doesn't Work
So, I finally chose a laptop. Found the Acer Aspire 5516 for $300. Great for the money I gotta say!
Runs nice so far, only one issue, webcam doesn't work...
Calling Tech support brings me through the same BS I can do myself, they want me to download drivers, reboot, see that it didn't help, then do a system recovery to factory conditions. I really don't want to have to put all the hours back into this computer changing settings, adding/removing programs, setting all them up, etc...
1. I got the right drivers, still didnt fix it.
2. Seems like a common problem.
3. Tried deleting all the items in the Pictures folder, didn't help.
4. I won't have my laptop back in time if I can even manage to convince the Acer support to fix it themselves, school is on Monday. Furthermore, the ignorant foreign tech support (not being racist or anything, just saying, they're very trying to understand and relate to) aren't the easiest to work with.
5. Imaging Devices, Cameras, etc will not even show up in device managers list...
Do you think it is a hardware issue? Broken wires? Anything like that? Is it really possible backing up to stock will fix it? I'm pretty sure it wont, so I don't wanna go through all that for nothing...
I have Windows Vista Home SP2AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+
Corsair 2x512 Dual Channel RAM
Connect3D Radeon x800GTO
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By eraos in forum Networking and InternetReplies: 4Last Post: September 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
By mastavic in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: January 18th, 2009, 09:44 PM
By videobruce in forum Mobile ComputingReplies: 0Last Post: January 31st, 2005, 01:31 PM
By ArcticFox in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: March 25th, 2004, 08:54 PM