+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laptop cooling.

Laptop cooling.

Currently I have a dell Inspiron 8200. I was wondering if anyone found a way to keep this baby cooler. There are two powerful fans in the back that turn on once the temp rises too high...but can you keep them running all the time? like a setting in the bios? I can imagine it would drain the batteries but it would help keep the machine from burning my clothes lol. Also has anyone heard of a device that can be plugged into the battery jack on the laptops that is basically a cooling device? Something to put inside the machine to drop the temp.

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://www.notebookreview.com/coolcpu.html

won't bring cooling way down, but can knock it off a couple of degrees

or how about this!? interesting topic, now that i have seen this laptop cooler im interested!

review on this cooler above
    Last edited by GroundZero3; June 11th, 2002 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks Ground...the first one looks pretty close to what I was looking for..the only problem I see is something they mentioned about the bulky ac adapter...since I travel a lot with it so far that's the only draw back. but I'm sure i'll/they/someone will come up with something. Thanks again

Blog Entries
    hey no prob, since you mentioned "I can imagine it would drain the batteries but it would help keep the machine from burning my clothes" i was like yeah i need one of these bad bays too. hopefully they do fix the power supply issue.

Ultimate Member
    just get a can of compr4essed air and turn it upside down.. THen spray into the laptop via air vent. Instant snow in the laptop...lol
    ummm

hahah and watch as your money goes up in little white puffs of smoke...you know the damage that would cause Doke ? lol but hey if it'll make you feel any better just spray that on a friends hand for a second or two and watch them howl in pain and watch the frostbite form ahahah i'm mean ain't i. I was trying to think of my own way to cool down a laptop or a desktop..something like a radiator in a car or a refridge. It would need it's own powersupply of course..but having pipes albeit small ones running inside the machine..you could almost freeze your machine lol like that will ever happen soon.

I run Waterfall pro in mine and noticed a significant change in temps. Battery also lasts a bit longer too.
    No one dies a virgin, Life screws us all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information