February 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
Atom dual core, celeron, amd athlon?I'm considering something easily portable, of long standing battery life and would allow me to run several programmes at once (email, word, excel, and explorers). I work a lot with word!
Not a gamer myself but do want to watch DVD from time to time. The ones I have in mind are of similar size but the difference is the cpus. Can anyone advise on which is the best in terms of performance? any experience in using them?
1. ASUS EEE PC 1215P
- Processor:Intel Atom Processor N550 (1M Cache, 1.50 GHz)
- Chipset:Intel NM10
- Main Memory:2GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs (2 slots, max 4 GB)
- Graphic system:Intel GMA 3150 (integrated in the chipset)
- Display:12.1? (WXGA, 1366 x 768) Glare Type – LED
- Hard Disk:250GB HDD
- Webcamera:0.3 Megapixel
- Audio:High-definition audio codecs, integrated stereo speakers and microphone
- Wireles:802.11 b/g/n
- Input/Output Port:3 x USB 2.0
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x LAN
- 1 x Audio In
- 1 x Audio Out
- Expansion Slots:Card Reader: MMC, SD (SDHC)
- Operating Systemual OS: Express Gate and Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)
- Battery:6-cell lithium-ion battery (4400 mAh) / 40 Watt
- Dimensions:296 x 203 x 38 mm
2. ASU eee PC 1215T
Features and Specifications
- 12.1 inches of WXGA display screen
- 1366 x 768 pixel of resolution
- 5400 RPM SATA hard disk drive
- Asus Express Gate operating system
- 1.70GHz AMD Athlon II Neo K125 processor
- ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics processor
- 1MB L2 cache
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN connectivity
- Built in 0.3 mega pixel camera
- Inbuilt card reader
- 11.65 x 7.99 x 0.91-1.46 inches of dimension
- 3.21 lbs weight
- Built in stereo speakers
- 3 USB ports, VGA, HDMI port
- Integrated sound card
- 47W/h battery
3. Toshiba satellite T110
Brand:ToshibaMfr Part Number:PST1AE-01000GENRAM Size:3 GBProcessor Brand:IntelProcessor Speed:1.3 GHzProcessor Type:Intel CeleronHard Drive Size:250 GBOperating System:Windows 7 Home PremiumScreen Size:11.6 inches
Last edited by doudou; February 19th, 2011 at 04:18 AM.
February 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM #2
Out of those 3, I'd go with the Asus 1215T. You get a dual core mobile processor with a decent graphics.
The AMD/ATI graphics are the equivalent of the Nvidia ION, which is awesome for playing HD video and even strategy games such as Starcraft 2 at lowest graphics settings.
I have the Asus 1201N, which is a dual core Atom with the Nvidia ION and it rocks for the kind of thing you're talking about.
The screen would be about 12.1". Not huge but if you're valuing mobility and light weight then it would be a good choice.
I'm looking at one of those models for my wife to replace her old netbook which is (literally) falling apart.
I've had the 1201N for 6 months now, no issues with it.
I love the HDMI port on it, lets me plug into a 1080p HD-capable screen.
For mine, the battery life is around 4 to 4.5 hours. Which is good.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By XTruGambitX in forum Mobile ComputingReplies: 2Last Post: October 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
By Twisterman in forum Processors, Memory, and OverclockingReplies: 1Last Post: December 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM
By lukesparksoff in forum Processors, Memory, and OverclockingReplies: 2Last Post: January 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
By large_nostril in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: February 23rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
By Lynu in forum Processors, Memory, and OverclockingReplies: 15Last Post: May 4th, 2003, 06:00 AM