+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jak

cannot get into bios, why?

ok ever since a clean format and install i cannot get into bios ive tried everything, i continualy hit del, thats my bios access key, and windows overrides that and just keeps on loading after the post screen, poop on windows me, how can i get back into bios acces?
    jak

Blog Entries
    how fast is your system? I remember having that problem with mine, would boot too darn fast to get into bios. Have you tried other bios keys to get in other than delete? Sure its just not a momentary laspe of remember bios access key?

NeoStar

What kinda machine? On some "really old" machines the BIOS was on a separate partition of the hard drive.

Try pressing and holding the del key before/when you hit reset or restart and keep holding it no matter how much it complains.

Turn off machine, unplug keyboard.....then boot....when you get the screen for keyboard failure....plug keyboard back in and try to enter setup.....sometimes will work sometimes not......

Are you using a USB keyboard? If so, maybe legacy support is not enabled in the BIOS and it only works after WIndows has loaded. Try connecting a PS2 keyboard and check the BIOS for the USB keyboard option.

jak
    2 year old home built, pentium II 400, ps2 keyboard, never done this before. until a new format and install of windows me i believe, its delete im positive even tells me to press del to enter setup. uh when i do attempt to enter i get a click and windows starts to load, im pretty positive windows is overriding the boot process, so ill try the unplug keyboard thing in a little
    jak

Could you tell us which board you're using?
    Maybe there is some setting which disables BIOS access.

Never heard of windows invoking the POST process. But you never know
    The windows boot starts after the POST (after the systeminfo listing).

jak
    yea i know i never thought windows could invade post too, but i dont know whats goin on, its a aopen ax6bc, ive never had this prob before, but then again delete works in windows but i did slam my keyboard in a game when aol kept freezing connection every 1 minute.
    i hope i didnt screw my keyboard
    jak

BBA
    Unplug the hard drive and try it.
    BBA

Manual Aopen ax6bc:
    http://english.aopen.com.tw/scripts/...ax6bc-ol-e.pdf

Slow download

Okay manual says nothing about this. Simply press del should work.
    If you didn't changed your hd or any other hardware. It should function. But it doesn't, it must be the keyboard IMO.

But you're sure the del key works in windows? Hmm try hitting the del key several times after the memory count.

Try a different keyboard. Clear the cmos by jumpering. Heck, pull the battery....and boot....You will have to reset everything..or hold down the F1 key.....and boot.....should get keyboard error... I saw this problem about 7 years back on over 50 PCs, which had been infected with a bios virus....but have slept too many nights since then to remember the name of the virus....and how I fixed them... Do you have any good buddies that might be playing a trick on you? Have you played a trick on any of your good buddies? Your bios could of taken a hike... If you have a buddy that works at a store that sells computers....he/she might have loaded one of the store programs on your computer. Some block access to the bios setup... There might be something wrong with the WinME....that was installed. I have seen some store versions....that had access software as part of the install...
    Hmmm, any more ideas...

Also, try both delete keys....Num Pad as well as the other one..

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by jak
    ive never had this prob before, but then again delete works in windows but i did slam my keyboard in a game when aol kept freezing connection every 1 minute.
    i hope i didnt screw my keyboard
    jak
    If you slammed your keyboard make sure a key is not stuck somewhere on the board rendering your board "useless" with the delete key. Have seen that happen, keys won't work because an obscure key is stuck. Check all the keys on your board to make sure none is stuck or kockeyed.

If not go get a cheap new keyboard plug it in and see if you can access bois that way. Keyboard can be had for as little as 14 bucks.

NeoStar

jak
    well i tried the unplug keyboard move, and the keypad del key, still no delete key working, ctrl alt el still works in post to reboot, so its gotta be a bios glitch, proly a virus, i download alot of song on kazaa and you run into viruses on that sometimes
    anywho, ill proly need anoher bios update and install, its gonna b tough i hear
    jak

Blog Entries
    Before you go tinkering with the bios upgrade to flash your board, Have you yet tried a different keyboard, its been mentioned a couple of times now but not clear if you have tried a Different keyboard yet. You did mentioned you slammed your keyboard, try a different one before you start flashing.

NeoStar
    Last edited by NeoStarO1; December 3rd, 2001 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted.....If you do this again You can and will find yourself Deleted too!

I suggest that you reread the forum rules and follow them.
    -Mntsnow-

Blind Spy

im not sure if this is a stupid suggiestian but there should be a way to get into ur Bios using DOS not sure how but any 1 know

Originally posted by BBA
    Unplug the hard drive and try it.
    Did you try this? It sounds like a good idea.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information