+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It did not work

I have followed all the suggestions at this site and others, but even when I install the new drivers (LG, new Dell drivers, whatever), and I get the stereo mix to show up in my recording properties, it doesn't actually WORK like stereo mix. It still only records either the microphone or the sound I am trying to record simultaneously.

I have been attempting to use a USB interface (Tascam), but this isn't doing anything except giving me better vocal quality. I am a recording artist and need my computer to have "what you hear" record capabilities in order to get my demos done on deadline. Otherwise, I have to patch everything together, overdub, and crap like that.

If anyone has any other suggestions about how to get this to work, including ways to get the USB audio interface to make simultaneous recordings, please let me know. I'll be eternally grateful!

V

P.S. I'm not trying to start any sort of argument, but I can sort of understand why the "what you hear" recording can be controversial for recording artists. Not all of us members of the RIAA are "Big Stars" and we can barely scrape a living through our CDs and small concert tours and shows. I had several of my songs stolen in the midst of a month long recording session, and by the time it was time to master my CD, my small but upcoming label said no-go because too much of my music had been pirated online - it didn't make sense to spend money mastering it. On the plus side, I realized people actually like my music but it was frustrating because I couldn't afford to master and press all the CDs myself. Hence, the music, which I spent countless hours writing and preparing, was never released officially. While copyrighted, what recourse do I have now?

Question No Stereo Mix on New Dell XPS420 with Vista and Creative SoundBlaster X-FI XTREME CRD

Hello Everyone. I am so upset. Last month I bought a new Dell XPS420 with Vista. It came loaded with a Soundblaster X-FI XTREME GAMER Card. I have no option for Stereo Mix. I used my 9 year old computer to record on singsnap.com. Now with this new awesome pc, no stereo mix so it no longer records the music playing , only my voice. I heard that this card does not support that function, however, there is a #20.00 USB Converter that can be purchased here:
    Amazon.com: Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface: Musical Instruments

Can anyone reccomend a sound card for my system that will support this function? Or should I buy this audio converter? Thanks for the help!
    Pam in GA

Smile I have a sony vaio with sygmantel sound

Quote Originally Posted by numbernine View Post
    Download this driver and install in windows xp sp2 mode if you are using vista.
    http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R171789.exe

Works for sigmatel stac c-major 92xx

GOOD LUCK!

Worked on my dell inspiron 1520, i hope it will work for other machines too using the sigmatel vista

IF you have a different model sigmatel try installing other XP drivers using compatibility mode.
    I need instructions for a vaio sony that have sygmantel in vista. Going crazy!!!!

A solution for Dell XPS 400 and Sigmatel Audio missing Stereo Mix

Quote Originally Posted by FireSka View Post
    I have this EXACT same problem. I just got a new computer and there is no option for it. I paid a lot of money for this computer too and I work with audio so I need this option. I don't really want to go buy and install an entirely new sound card. Is there any way to get this option back? I bought a Dell XPS400; SigmaTel audio.
    Here is what worked for me today! YAY!

I have a Dell XPS 400. This computer has an Intel D945G-series motherboard.

I went to the Intel motherboard web site
    Go to Downloads
    Search for "sigmatel" or "D945GCL"

Located the Sigmatel driver for WinXP

Downloaded this file: 5.10.5208_W3_XP32_XP64_2K_wSTACGUI_UPMIX_AC'97FP_V 2.EXE
    "Audio driver with support for legacy AC'97 front panel header plus the Sigmatel* software interface."

Installed this file, no reboot needed. Checked in Device Manager; Dell driver is dated 2005, the above Intel driver is dated 9/7/2006 (for the "SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec")

Here's a direct Link to the driver file: Intel® Desktop Board D945GCLÂ*Audio: Sigmatel 9220/9221/9223 (I made a shortcut)

Stereo mix now MAGICALLY appears!

Tried it out with MixMP3, a great free command line tool for ripping audio streams from "Stereo Mix"...and it worked PERFECTLY!

I am a happy man now

sigmatel stereo mix problem solution

Hi
    For Stereo mix problem
    Here is the solution:
    First uninstall the audio driver.
    go through this link and download the software
    extract it then
    1. Right click on set up.exe.
    2.click properties
    3.click compatability tab
    4. Mark " Run this program in compatability mode for"
    5. Select Windows XP(service pack 2)
    6.Click apply and OK
    7. Install the setup.exe now.

restart the system. Then you can see the option Stereo mix in recording devices in volume mixer.

Enable Stereo mix. Set that stereo mix as default.

That's it.
    Note: Dont update the driver.

Hi
    For Stereo mix problem
    Here is the solution:
    First uninstall the audio driver.
    go through this link and download the software
    extract it then
    1. Right click on set up.exe.
    2.click properties
    3.click compatability tab
    4. Mark " Run this program in compatability mode for"
    5. Select Windows XP(service pack 2)
    6.Click apply and OK
    7. Install the setup.exe now.

restart the system. Then you can see the option Stereo mix in recording devices in volume mixer.

Enable Stereo mix. Set that stereo mix as default.

That's it.
    Note: Dont update the driver.

Thumbs up

Download this driver and install in windows xp sp2 mode if you are using vista. http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R171789.exe Works for sigmatel stac c-major 92xx GOOD LUCK! Worked on my dell inspiron 1520, i hope it will work for other machines too using the sigmatel vista IF you have a different model sigmatel try installing other XP drivers using compatibility mode.
    It's September 2009 and your suggestion to use the driver listed above still works. Incidentally I've a Dell with XP and just removed the device and then rebooted and installed the 'old' driver.

I've been looking for a way to make 'stereo mix' appear for some hours now so well done and thank you.

Unhappy NEED HELPPPPPP

I HAVE A GATEWAY MODEL M-7331H RED..... i HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MY SOUNDCARD IS, BUT MY LAST LAPTOP ACER I COULD HAVE STEREO MIX ON IT, I REALLLY NEED TO FIND A WAY TO PUT IT ON THIS LAPTOP CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?? *IM A GIRL* DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING....

Hi, I've tried all this and I'm still having problems ...

I have a Dell XPS M1530, running Vista. I uninstalled the SigmaTel codec and installed the older XP driver. It's working fine.

HOWEVER, Stereo Mix still will not show up in the sound devices list. (I have the disabled/disconnected boxes ticked.)

I'm really frustrated, I've tried everything I've been able to find online. I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Worth remembering this is a workaround/hack and even if the steps are followed correctly it won't work for all configurations.

You could contact your PC manufacturer for advice. This is a potentially pointless exercise but maybe just maybe you'll get lucky and hit someone helpful. Who knows maybe customer feedback might be useful in the long term (highly debatable).

Or you could take the advice above to buy an external sound card. That would fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by z0wkey View Post
    Or you could take the advice above to buy an external sound card. That would fix your problem.
    I'm not really knowledgeable in this stuff, I just ran into problems with some video/audio needs on my computer and traced it to the fact that I don't have the Stereo Mix option on my laptop. Point being: any info as to what I should be looking for, as an external soundcard, to ensure that it will give me this feature?

I guess I could try one and return it if it doesn't produce the results I want.

Go to your local store, if they're any good, they'll be more than happy to meet your needs if you tell them what you're trying to do. Online I can see cards from 10 $/€ upwards - there's some really nice kit for around 50 - anyway it's up to you.

I would imagine most if not all external sound cards will have the option to record directly from them but you should check with the vendor before you pay.

Good luck and maybe post back what you ended up with and if it's any good.

working

let me know if it works, spent hours finding the solution. I hate dell and all companies who did this for the greedy RIAA, shame on dell for siding with RIAA and not their customers may their profits burn for that.
    Thank you very much....It's working for my inspiron 1420. I can see the stereo mixer now and enable it.

But 'll using this driver instead of latest version going to affect the quality of sound ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information