+ Reply to Thread

SB audigy volume gain problem

I just thought that i would give this question a shot, although ive lived with it for the past 3 years, i just played a video i downloaded and the volume in the video was anything but mastered.... so now i think i am deaf

Anyway the problem i have had with my sound card, which is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (includes the front panel), is that when i am watching a video lets say in Windows Media player, or it will happen in whatever i am using. I put a video on and then the volume is naturally maxed out, not the system volume, but the volume of the player. Then i see that it is too loud so i bring it down a good 1/2 to 3/4's it really doesnt matter how much i bring it down. Then i want to skip a few minutes into the video to see if anything gets interesting. Bam!! haha.. The volume jumps up to the players maximum... The slider might stay in the same place but as soon as you click it again to lower it, it lowers...

Now everytime i have formatted this computer i have always used the drivers provided on the CD, could it be something like updating the driver. if so what should i uninstall first, since i know alot gets installed with this sound card. Or is there another problem? Happens with videos, music, you name it

thanks in advance for anyone who wants to take a stab at it
    Mobile: Thinkpad T61 | WinXP Pro | C2D T8300 CPU | 3GB DDR2 | 320GB Hybrid SSD HDD | AGN & WWAN
    Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB OS, 1.5TB Mirrored DATA

Just wanted to let you know that i downloaded the audigy 4's drivers and it said it would work with all the audigy cards, i let the installer uninstall my sound drivers and then reboot and install the new one.. Seems to work fine, so i guess they corrected the error later on..
    Mobile: Thinkpad T61 | WinXP Pro | C2D T8300 CPU | 3GB DDR2 | 320GB Hybrid SSD HDD | AGN & WWAN
    Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB OS, 1.5TB Mirrored DATA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information