+ Reply to Thread

Realtek's HD Audio Manager control panel disappeared

I'm having issues with Realteks' HDAudio Manager control panel.

I'm running XP w/sp2 (for now) and I don't want the service to run at startup. I did find, hidden under that "I" icon, the ability not to show the program icon in the system tray which I checked. The process (service) is still running at startup. I was able to stop the process using MS Config ok (but by doing so I couldn't manually start the program by creating a shortcut under 'Programs' (where it should be in the first place) and clicking on it.

First issue:
    Why isn't there a shortcut in the 'Programs' menu as all other programs have??

Second, but najor issue;
    Now, even with the service running (with the tray icon hidden), I can't access the control panel. Nothing comes up.

What's up with this??
    When not in use, turn off the juice. Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

Ok, When I went to CP I saw an entry for this Audio Mgr. at the bottom of the list. I clicked on it and it opened.
    I then checked that box to show the icon in the System Tray. I closed the CP and clicked on that icon and it started.
    I then tried the shortcut I made again linked to the .exe file buried three layers deep in the Realtek program folder and nothing again.

Then it is a dll that starts the program when I click on the icon in the systen tray or in Control Panel??
    When not in use, turn off the juice. Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a potential driver or registry entry corruption. Try simply re-installing the Realtek audio drivers. I suggest obtaining the latest reference drivers straight from Realtek.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

They (Realtek) uses some other method of starting the program. Creating a shortcut to what appears to be the .exe file doesn't work. I assume it is a dll sommewhere that causes the program to show the control panel. That's the best way I can explain this since I never encountered this in 8 years of playing with computers.

They put a shortcut in Control Panel (where I never looked for it). I only noticed it when I went to remove the program as you stated. That wsn't the case. I clicked on that shortcut and their CP appeared.
    Terrible way of doing business alone with the beyond poor documentation.

Realtek has absolutely no documentation regarding installing that M$ UAA Bus Driver 'fix' first in any readme or on their web site.

hola

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information