+ Reply to Thread

conductive glue.. is there such a thing?

I have a nice punch subwoofer that a friend gave me to fix and the problem was that the wires are so short running from the headers where it connects to the box/amp and then to the cone that when it gets used they ripped off. Unfortunately its a rather expensive sub and I fixed the other wires and made them longer. There is one wire to go and the problem is that instead of tearing the wire somewhere else it tore right near the poly cone so I have about a quarter inch of wire coming out of the cone for me to solder a wire on, which I cant do. To little for the solder to stick and way to close for comfort on the cone.

My next idea below sounds like a longshot but may work, I would much rather find some sort of conductive glue that I can use to glue the wire I need to the little wire still there and call it a day, I dont know of such a thing, what keeps coming to my mind if JB Weld but I'm almost positive they dont make a metallic or conductive version of it. What I thought I could do is get 3 pins and poke them through the wire (so they are conductive) w/o penetrating the cone inside (i have about 1/3 of an inch of play) and make a sorta tee-pee style fanout and glue them that way and then I will have more of a base to solder on... hmmm? risque to say the least

Really the best thing I can think of is a conductive glue/cement to take the wire I have and adhere it to the other wire and I'll have a bond... Anything like that exist
    Mobile: Thinkpad T61 | WinXP Pro | C2D T8300 CPU | 3GB DDR2 | 320GB Hybrid SSD HDD | AGN & WWAN
    Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB OS, 1.5TB Mirrored DATA

Blog Entries
    Conductive glue = solder.

If you take the stranded ends on both and mesh/twist them together a bit so that they hold you can just put any kind of glue on the outside.
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

yea but it infiltrates and I cant mesh them enough, I need something cold process

I found this link to some sort of paste/glue this guy made, I'm gonna break open a few chemistry kits I have at home tonight to see if I can find graphite powder, if I can then all i need to do is go to Wal-mart and pick up some of that "liquid tape" stuff...

Make Conductive Glue and Glue a Circuit: Materials for the Conductive Glue and Circuit - Instructables - DIY, How To, tech, art

Whatcha think?
    Mobile: Thinkpad T61 | WinXP Pro | C2D T8300 CPU | 3GB DDR2 | 320GB Hybrid SSD HDD | AGN & WWAN
    Desktop: Dell XPS 8300 | 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB OS, 1.5TB Mirrored DATA

Blog Entries
    Graphite powder isn't too hard to find in stores either.

I don't think that stuff would work too well, but I guess you could try it.
    "The problem with quotations on the internet is that the sources are hard to verify" - Abraham Lincoln

ehh... any other suggestions? Anyone know of a good conductive glue for this purpose?

Blog Entries
    The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. -- James Branch Cabell

Graphite is not conductive by itself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osprey4 View Post
    Graphite is not conductive by itself.
    Yes, it is. That's why the old pencil trick works for overclocking.
    The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. -- James Branch Cabell

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information