+ Reply to Thread

EasyCap DC60 Device Problem

I Have an EasyCap DC60 (not plus) with all the right cables.

I am trying to record my Xbox 360.
    I have an upgraded Macbook Pro 13" Laptop, with Boot Camp and Windows 7 64 Bit running.

When I plug in the EasyCap, the device is read as "SMI Grabber DEV" or "SMI Grabber Device".
    It does NOT read as "USB 2.0 Capture Card" or whatever it's supposed to say.

I have downloaded Windows 7 64 Bit Drivers, but it won't let me update the drivers.

I can barely get video to show on the Ulead program the EasyCap comes with, but it flickers green and cuts out frequently. It won't record period.

In task manager, the processes are at 10%, so it's not a performance issue.

All help is appreciated! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Matt

Bump.

I see 61 views, but not one person can help me out? I just need any help available, before I go out and waste money on something else.

I see all these YouTube videos of people getting it to work.

Like I said, when I plug in my EasyCAP, it says "SMI Grabber DEV".

A lot of the YouTube videos show the device as Syntek or something of that nature. I found a Windows 7 Driver that says Syntek, but it won't install like some videos say it will.

Thanks for the help! It's all appreciated!

Sincerely,

Matt

Angry Same here!

Sorry this won't help original poster, but I have same problem with a generic usb device that received the video signal from 4 2.4ghz wireless cameras. The device that I purchased on eBay came with a mini-cd that had the drivers & software "SMI Grabber Superviewer". The device actually works, and I can get a quad viewing of the cameras at a very low frames per second and with weaker reception than an old monitor/receiver that I have. The "SuberViewer" software's interface seems to have adjustments for higher frames per second, for recording, and for viewing single cameras rather than 4 simultaneous camera views, but I can't do ANYTHING after the software opens, because it asks for my "User ID" and "Password". According to the very vague paper instructions which were also included in the package, the default User Id (or "User Name", can't remember which) is "Admin" (no quotes), and the password is blank. I remember a popup opening when I started that SuperViewer program for the first time, advising me to click "settings" and enter a password of my choice because the default password is blank. However, I was never allowed to enter into "settings" without the proper user id and password. I spent an embarrasing amount of hours searching online, and only found a couple of other people asking the same question, and one apparently saavy person stating that the software is a cheap clone of "EasyCap" or some more popular software. I hope you get an answer, and I am bookmarking this page, so that if I ever learn a solution I can post it here for you and anyone else.

KCH - Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPaidOrphan View Post
    Bump.

I see 61 views, but not one person can help me out? I just need any help available, before I go out and waste money on something else.

I see all these YouTube videos of people getting it to work.

Like I said, when I plug in my EasyCAP, it says "SMI Grabber DEV".

A lot of the YouTube videos show the device as Syntek or something of that nature. I found a Windows 7 Driver that says Syntek, but it won't install like some videos say it will.

Thanks for the help! It's all appreciated!

Sincerely,

Matt

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information