+ Reply to Thread
    Cruizing

remove lame codec

I have the latest version of the Ace mega codec pack installed, how do I remove the lame mp3 codec from my system as it is giving me encoding problems.

How is it giving you problems? When you encode you can choose what codec you're using, right? If you don't chose Lame than it shouldn't be an issue.

First thing I would try if I were in your shoes is to reinstall the Lame codec. Maybe one of the files has simply become corrupt.

But otherwise, all you should need to do is go to your Control Panel / Multimedia / Devices tab and look under "Audio Compression Codecs". All your installed codecs will be listed there. You can re-prioritize them, disable certains ones if you wish, or remove individual codecs.

Note: My directions for getting to this window are on a Win98 machine, it may be different on XP or 2000.

Cruizing
    How is it giving you problems? When you encode you can choose what codec you're using, right? If you don't chose Lame than it shouldn't be an issue.
    Yeah its kinda strange but when I choose any audio codec to use when Lame is installed it crashes the app that I am using.

First thing I would try if I were in your shoes is to reinstall the Lame codec. Maybe one of the files has simply become corrupt.
    yep tried that several times, right down to removing all codecs

But otherwise, all you should need to do is go to your Control Panel / Multimedia / Devices tab and look under "Audio Compression Codecs". All your installed codecs will be listed there. You can re-prioritize them, disable certains ones if you wish, or remove individual codecs.
    Thanks Outpatient for that very useful piece of information, I have now removed it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information