+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy newbie nids help wif adsl routing

hi dudes basically my problem lies in port forwarding for my linux box which is inside my network . I have a windows xp box and a linux one + a ADSL Alcatel Speedtouch Router. The problem is because my win xp box dials the connection and therefore even though i configure port forwarding for my router i still can't port forward for the linux box so i can run my web svr . hope some tech savvy guys can help me

If it's like the Speedtouch modems I'm used to you should go into the modem using http://192.168.0.254/ewizard.htm and do the setup guide. Choose "ADSL Router with PPPoE login" and give the modem/router your username and password. That should make the Alcatel dial the connection for you instead of having the XP box to do it, and then it should work fine.

hmmm my model is speedtouch 510 and apparently the router ip is 10.0.0.138 , i have to be in the same subnet as the router in order to configure it . Because i am currently using pppoe dialer in windows for my internet, and i don't see an option for pppoe login. IMO my routeris really a piece of shit

The 510 should have PPPoE. Let me get this cleared up: Are you using a Speedtouch 510 AND a separate router? Or are you using the built-in router?

built in. when i configure the network address port forwarding it doesn't seem tomake any difference at all

so how do i go about routing it?

Cool ALCATEL PORT FORWARDING

I was successful in publishing servers using an ALCATEL SPEEDTOUCH 510e ( integrated route, modem & switch in one). There are 2 ways where you can publish services or servers using 510e.

1.> Configure t he dialing on t he 510e SPEEDTOUCH and have your LAN assigned private ip's then publish these your servers or PC's using the PORT forwarding feature of the SPEEDTOUCH so it will be accessible to the internet.

2.> Lease routable IP's from your provider. let say with a 255.255.255.248 subnet mask . Have t eh dialer configures on the SPEEDTOUCH ... configure one of your leased IP's on the LAN side of the SPEEDTOUCH as a gateway then the rest to your PC. these should make them bear routable IP's to the internet .

hope these help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information