+ Reply to Thread

WLAN not working in Laptop

dear friends,

I have sony vaio (win xp-home) and my wlan (internal) is not working. My laptop is not detecting any WLAN signals. I deinstalled the WLAN device and reinstalled it by restarting it. but still unable to detect the signals. It worked before, but now its not detecting WLAN. So please any one could guide me in getting back my wlan. I am sure its not the problem of modem or network. because my friend is working with his laptop WLAN option fom the same modem or IP signal. we are using WEP for the WLAN and we have DSL with modem speedport W701v.

Thanking you.

Is there an On/Off switch for your WLAN? Is it On?

My Toshiba notebook has an On/Off switch on the side.

ofcourse it has on/off switch and it is on. but still couldnt detect the signals.

It can't see any networks, correct? Is the wlan device showing up fine in the Device Manager?

Have you checked Sony support for the latest driver & an older version. Sometimes new versions cause problems and you need to roll back.

yes, you are correct its not showing any network in wlan network list. the wlan device is fine in the device manager. it doesnt show any error. i dont think its the problem with new version and i didnt update the driver to the latest version. I have seen the same situation happened to my friend who has toshiba laptop. He installed the internet supporting software from DSL and from then his WLAN is not working. Even he rebooted his system with recovery CD, but didnt work. First i had also installed the DSL supporting software and latter deinstalled them as i came to know from hotline that there is no need to install the software given by them. from then my LAN is working but the WLAN lost detecting WLAN networks.

Vaio wlan probs

I have the exact same problem with sony vaio. Any news on this?

[He who is Nude..] Nude_Lewd_Man's Avatar
    Hi, and WELCOME TO TECHIMO - from the Folding@Home Team (#111)...!

I just want to check, was your wireless working and then stopped, or has it never worked to begin with..? Can you let us know whether you are able to see any networks and just can't connect...

Also, any background information would be helpful - like whether you have installed any updates since it stopped working (presuming that the answer to my first question is/was the former) or if there are any other changes that have been made...
    I've seen the light... It was green, flashy and attached to a Network Interface Card...
    Whenever someone says "You can't miss it", I invariably do...

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!IE Team111 FAQs TEAM STATS Apps

It sounds like you uninstalled the drivers, and wireless adapter from your computer which would explain why you can't get a signal, I would suggest probably just reinstalling the driver, and the wireless adapter and see if that helps.
    Acer 7720zMicrosoft Windows XP(SP3)2GB RAM1.44Ghz Intel Dual Core Processor DvdR Drive 160gb HDD 500gb Seagate HDD(External)
    Intel GMA 955 Integrated Sound

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information