+ Reply to Thread

List of wireless networks not listing in Choose a wireless network screen

I previously had Windows Zero Configuration disabled, while using another wireless connection software (Toshiba ConfigFree), but recently decided to go back to WZC. Going back because my girlfriends account could only connect to internet, if I connected first under my account. Then after awhile she couldn't connect at all.

The issue I’m experiencing is I have two accounts on my laptop, mine and my girlfriend. On her account the Wireless connection icon appears on her startup menu showing a good connection. I click to ‘View available wireless connections’ and can see a list of wireless networks listed in ‘Choose a wireless network’ – showing my SSID as well, but when I log into my account, I can connect to the internet, but I don’t get the Wireless connection icon, nor do I get a list of wireless networks listed in ‘Choose a wireless network’ – no SSID showing.
    What I do get is a message ‘Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software’.
    As I have mentioned above I had Toshiba ConfigFree installed but uninstalled it and re-enabled (restarted WZC). What do I need to do to get the list of wireless networks to show up as well as have the wireless connection icon reappear on my startup menu?

Thanks

If the default windows software says it cant do it because another software is present then that software is disabling the tool. I would reinstall the Toshiba app and simply disable it rather than uninstall it. That may fix your issue, otherwise find something else taking control.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information