+ Reply to Thread

Huawei Echolife HG520s - Tried everything

Hi, a friend of mine recently got a new router from talktalk (Echolife HG520s) that he has been having problems with.
    He gave me his laptop and router so I could configure it for him but I have tried everything and still
    not found a solution. The problem is that although I can connect to the router, I can't actually
    connect to the internet (meaning I can't open any web pages). I know the laptop isn't the problem
    because I successfully connected it to my BT Homehub and it worked fine. I also tried the installation
    cd that came with the router, which just kept failing when trying to configure the router.

Any suggestions?

Your trying to use the modem that is for his ISP at your house?

Can you post an ipconfig from the laptop command line please?

Smile JUST_ROAMING

Quote Originally Posted by slimbiggins View Post
    Hi, a friend of mine recently got a new router from talktalk (Echolife HG520s) that he has been having problems with.
    He gave me his laptop and router so I could configure it for him but I have tried everything and still
    not found a solution. The problem is that although I can connect to the router, I can't actually
    connect to the internet (meaning I can't open any web pages). I know the laptop isn't the problem
    because I successfully connected it to my BT Homehub and it worked fine. I also tried the installation
    cd that came with the router, which just kept failing when trying to configure the router.

Any suggestions?
    I THINK UR CONFIGURATION CD DOESN'T WORK WITH THE SYSTEM U HAVE. IF U HAVE WIN 7 & IT DOESN'T WORK TRY RUNNING IT ON WIN VISTA OR XP..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information