+ Reply to Thread

Help to Connect THOMSON TG585 and USR9108 Wirelessly?

Hello, I just purchased a THOMSON TG585 as an upgrade for my old USR9108: DSL Modems & Gateways - - THOMSON TG585 (Internet zone), and USRobotics Support: USR9108 Wireless MAXg ADSL Gateway - 9108

My house has thick walls which makes my wirelss signal weak at my office, so instead of throwing away my USR9108 I decided to wirelessly connect it to my new THOMSON TG585 which is connected to the DSL line.

The TG585 supports WDS and the USR supports Wireless bridging and Access Point mode, so I want to make my TG585 the primary router and connect my USR9108 wirelessly as my secondary router.

I have tried and looked around to solve the issue, but my secondary router does not connect to the primary one, but my TG585 WDS finds my USR9108. Please help me.
    Last edited by Rewesh; September 13th, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

I also tried to change my WAN settings on the USR9108 to MAC Encapsulated Routing (MER) and IP over ATM (IPoA), but that didnt help either.

[He who is Nude..] Nude_Lewd_Man's Avatar
    Hi, and WELCOME TO TECHIMO - from the Folding@Home Team (#111)..!

This, bridging, isn't exactly my area of expertise (at the moment), but out of curiousity, are you able to connect from the TG (that can see the other) to the USR..? I know that when I was trying to set up some wireless briges in my home (with three different devices) it wouldn't work, which may have been due to the fact that they were different brands - Netgear, Linksys and Asus...

The way I ended up setting it up was to run a cable from one to the others, which also meant that my LAN was faster (54mb/s v 100 mb/s) and would've prolly been less flaky too........
    I've seen the light... It was green, flashy and attached to a Network Interface Card...
    Whenever someone says "You can't miss it", I invariably do...

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!IE Team111 FAQs TEAM STATS Apps

Thank you for your reply, but no I cant ping my USR while connected to the TG585

[He who is Nude..] Nude_Lewd_Man's Avatar
    I don't think you quite got what I was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Rewesh View Post
    The TG585 supports WDS and the USR supports Wireless bridging and Access Point mode, so I want to make my TG585 the primary router and connect my USR9108 wirelessly as my secondary router.

I have tried and looked around to solve the issue, but my secondary router does not connect to the primary one, but my TG585 WDS finds my USR9108. Please help me.
    If the TG ("primary" router) can see the USR ("secondary" router) then my question was whether you could initiate the connection from that router....
    I've seen the light... It was green, flashy and attached to a Network Interface Card...
    Whenever someone says "You can't miss it", I invariably do...

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!IE Team111 FAQs TEAM STATS Apps

I didnt try that, I have to use the TG as my primary router...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information