+ Reply to Thread
    PC Upgrade Procrastinator ShyguyXPC's Avatar

Need Help Finding MAC Address on an Asus EeePC

OK, need some help finding the MAC address on the Atheros Wireless card on my moms, Asus EeePC netbook, model 1005PEB, it has a Wireless b/g/n Atheros card, but can't find the MAC address, take off the bottom panel, can find the RAM, but no sign of the wireless.

nothing is typed on the bottom of the PC, sticker or anything, nothing in the manuals, and can't figure out how to get it to show with in Windows 7 if possible.

I need to find the MAC address to set it up to be used on the home Wireless network, until then its Wired Ethernet bound for internet access.

Does anyone know how to find this?

Asus Site as usual is useless, bandwidth issues and asking to redirect to one of their other sites, Global, Taiwan, Europe, etc...

probably faster looking for help elsewhere.

Thanks in advanced!!!
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

Blog Entries
    Tried ipconfig.exe /all from the command line? Be sure the WiFi device is enabled before running the command - not even connected, just enabled. You might also have to scroll up depending upon how many LAN adapters are present. The listed physical address strings are the MAC addresses.
    Robert Richmond | Infinite perceptions. One reality.
    TechIMO.com Community Director

Thanks, I'll try that after dinner here, didn't think to try ipconfig, have always used it for LAN address, and what not, but not for MAC address.

I practically almost broke the memory module trying to remount it back in the netbook after taking it out thinking it might be on the board underneath it, but unfortunately its not even visible anywhere, can spot the hard drive, and some other hardware through the airvents, but no wireless card.

funny thing is on a sticker underneath (battery covers it up when mounted in there), lists the Atheros cards model number but nothing about MAC address.

as to the card enabled, yeah it is enabled, it detects my home network, and try's to connect, but when I enter the security password it fails, password is correct, reading it from the piece of paper I have it recorded down on, and manually connecting my PSP to the network using the password also works, but then again, the PSP and its MAC is already set up in the router to connect.

so thats why I think its just a matter of setting the netbooks Mac Address in the router to get it to connect.

but will try that in a bit and post back.
    i7 940//Corsair H60//EVGA X58 SLI LE//6GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz//2x EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB SLI//NZXT Hale82 850W//CM 690 II Advanced//Win7 64//WD 74GB V-raptor, 750GB Black, 1.5TB Green

Yep, that worked, was about a half dozen devices and what not listed there, but found the wireless cards MAC and set it up in router, saved settings, then tried connecting, and worked.

Thanks Rob!!!

Smile MAC address found

Quote Originally Posted by ShyguyXPC View Post
    Yep, that worked, was about a half dozen devices and what not listed there, but found the wireless cards MAC and set it up in router, saved settings, then tried connecting, and worked.

Thanks Rob!!!
    Thanks for this. I had a frustrating time until I found this perfect answer.

Finding the MAC address on an Asus Eee TF101 tablet

I stumbled on this after I had removed all the security on my wireless hub to accommodate my Asus tablet. I have since reinstated the security using the MAC address that I found. It is quite simple:

1) Go to APPs (upper right corner of Asus screen.) Touch to open the apps.

2) Look for and App named `Settings'. Touch to open.

3) At the bottom of a list that will open, you see one called `About tablet'. Touch to open.

4) Another list will appear on the right side of the screen. Touch the top item `Status'.

5) You will now see the Wi-Fi MAC address as the fourth item in the list. There is also listed an IP address for those who need that.

Um... Problem was resolved nearly 1 Year & 8 months ago...

And was with a COMPLETELY different system, an actual netbook, and not a touch screen tablet PC.

You Really should make another thread and post your info in it, since it has nothing really related to this thread at all, other than looking for the MAC address on an Asus Product. Its an entirely different product.

Not only is it a Tablet PC, but the Operating system is completely different as well, Android OS, not Windows 7.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is 10 and 5 added together?

Thread Information