+ Reply to Thread

Question Wireless Network Router/Wireless Access point?

I am interested in getting a wireless network for my home so I can move about the house with my notebook while still being able to connect to the internet. I have 2 computers that will connect via wired network and the laptop that will connect with the wireless. Is there any routers out there that allow you to connect via wires and wireless all in the same box? If so are they reasonably priced? What is the best way of connecting the three computers to my DSL modem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Links

Goverment property now GroundZero3's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    since you already have a wired network all you need is a open port on the switch,hub or router and plug in an access point

of course if you have an A or G card you would get a A or G access point to support the speeds

just noted if you want to share off DSL and dont have a router already you would get a wireless/wired router which is designed to handle wireless communication and has 4 ports on the back of the router for a wired LAN too
    Last edited by GroundZero3; June 9th, 2003 at 08:58 PM.

I've got a Linksys Wireless G router, http://www.linksys.com/Products/prod...id=35&prid=508 and the Wireless G pc card and I recommend them both. The router is also a 4-port switch and access point. I've networked my laptop (Win98) and desktop (XP Pro) for file, printer, and cable modem sharing. The router is around $120 and the pc card is around $70.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What is the color of the sky?

Thread Information