+ Reply to Thread

Did clean install of Windows 7, now program windows display too large!

So I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 on my computer after losing my recently changed password. I didn't use the recovery CD that came with the computer but I did use a copy of an installer CD for the same version of Windows. The problem is that most of my drivers were missing. I downloaded and installed all of the drivers but something is off. My desktop looks normal and everything works fine, but when I open certain programs, they appear too large and the symbols and lettering appear slightly blurry. Does anyone know what this could be? I've attached screen caps of both the Desktop and an Adobe InDesign Window. On top of looking to large, I am not able to click on any of the tools in the programs, so I know there is a real problem here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -desktop-png   -program_window-png  

Super Stealthy Moderator RicheemxX's Avatar
    Have you re-adjusted the resolution? That'd be my first guess.

Just looking at your pictures really doesn't say much as they look pretty normal, however they look like the resolution isn't set high enough. You said you updated the drivers but perhaps you didn't install the newest or the correct video card drivers. That'd be my second guess.
    Last edited by RicheemxX; June 1st, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Be a Liberal, blame everyone else!!

Quote Originally Posted by RicheemxX View Post
    Have you re-adjusted the resolution? That'd be my first guess.

Just looking at your pictures really doesn't say much as they look pretty normal, however they look like the resolution isn't set high enough. You said you updated the drivers but perhaps you didn't install the newest or the correct video card drivers. That'd be my second guess.
    I have the newest driver and the computer is set to its highest resolution. I'm wondering now if maybe its just my adobe programs. I notice the problem most with InDesign and with Acrobat when looking at PDF files...still though, it's off because I have installed these programs several times and never had a problem.

hehe I have had that on pdf's, m8 just use the ctrl key and "-" to make it smaller, and ctrl and "+" for larger pages. It confused me terribly at first cos I couldnt find a problem....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information