Thread: Water Cooling Kit Suggestions
August 13th, 2004, 02:29 PM #1
Water Cooling Kit Suggestions
I need water cooling kit suggestions cause im considering in using it for my next pc coming up. Im a total noob so does anyone know a good water cooling kit that good but not that hard to install?
August 14th, 2004, 02:04 PM #2
exos would be my first and ONLY choice for external watercooling. for a kit, the swiftech kit would suffice. also, i have heard good things about the asetek kit - but my experience lies with swiftech.
main thing u have to look for is:
1. type of radiator used (MUST BE LOUVRE, not a regular piped radiator)
2. size of radiator... a 120mm radiator is preferred... however, the thickness of the radiator (i.e. black ice pro is 1inch while the black ice extreme is 2 inches thick) plays a major role too, thicker=better.
3. type of waterblocks used.... i still say that the koolance 300g waterblock is probably the easiest and most versatile block around. it may not be the best performing.
4. hoses should be atleast 3/8" ID for decent flow.
5. reservoir is much much better than a fill-and-bleed kit.... it allows the water to bleed much better and compensates for any air trapped in the blocks that may appear days after the water cooling system has been set up and finalized.
August 14th, 2004, 02:21 PM #3
Thanks for the tips pinipig523, and suggestions
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By c44151 in forum Processors, Memory, and OverclockingReplies: 22Last Post: December 20th, 2003, 06:31 PM
By ToddS in forum Processors, Memory, and OverclockingReplies: 12Last Post: September 17th, 2003, 03:27 AM
By rourkchris in forum Graphics Cards and DisplaysReplies: 11Last Post: February 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM