Thread: Building First Computer
July 16th, 2009, 10:14 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
Building First Computer
Hi, I'm building my first computer and I'll be using it primarily for gaming. These are the parts I'm planning on using.
1) MOBO: ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45 Intel Motherboard
2) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
3) Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 4870 1 GB
4) Memory: KINGSTON DDR2 HYPERX 800MHZ NON-ECC CL4 (5-5-5-15) 2048MB DIMM KHX6400D2K2/2G (KIT OF 2) MEMORY
5) Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
6) Case: Antec Nine Hundred II
7) PSU: Antec TruePower Trio 650W Power Supply w/ Triple +12V
Any suggestions or changes? Thanks in advance.
July 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM #2
Better memory and faster memory. Also, cheaper than the Kingston you picked.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK - Desktop Memory
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By oldfolks123 in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: October 27th, 2008, 11:19 PM
By Lowri in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: August 25th, 2006, 08:17 PM
By FlyinHawaiian in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: December 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
By hollaback04 in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: October 21st, 2004, 06:51 PM
By Shabow in forum General Tech DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: April 23rd, 2003, 06:37 AM