+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    By reviewing the link that I gave for this case, Can someone look at the power supply picture provided by Essential, and tell me who makes that power supply and if it is any good?? I am curious to know.

Otherwise, I'll just pick up a Enermax Whisper Eg365p-Ve power supply for $44.99 from CaseEtc.com
    It sure is dark in here?! WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I don't see any power supply pictured there to review. Also, I'm not sure how Enermax ties into all this. Here's the manufacturer's website: http://www.maxpoint.com/pc_cases/pcc...305-1L-s3a.htm

Both the one I saw here locally, and the one we bought from Newegg had a Powerup PSU. I'm willing to bet that the one from Essential will come with the same one. As I stated above, that PSU worked fine will all the stuff in his machine.

Enermax's website is www.maxpoint.com

Did you click on the Essential computer link that I gave??? When you do, go to about halfway down the page, and click on either the black or silver case, and then when the description page comes up, there is a box just below the actual picture that has links to more pictures. Click on the link that says "Image - power".

By the way, do you know who makes PowerUp power supplies, or are they independent??

If I can't find any good reviews about the PS that comes with that case, I'll just buy separate case and power supply. I want the Enermax Whisper Eg365p-Ve power supply for $44.99 from CaseEtc.com, if I can't find anything else that is good.

Ahh, OK. Didn't see the additional pics. Not that it matters, though...I was right about the PSU it comes with.

I don't know anything about PowerUp. As far as I know, this is the first time I've heard of it.

Anyway, you wanted to know if it's any good. I don't know of any reviews on it, but in my firsthand experience, it appears to be a quality unit. I was a bit concerned about powering everything along with the light off of it, but it runs fine. I'd start getting a little worried if he wanted to add any more than what's on it, though....such as an extra HDD or other IDE device.

That's cool. CaseEtc.com also has the Enermax Whisper Eg465p-Ve 431 watt Psu for $69.99. What's even cooler is that CaseEtc.com is only about 30-35 minutes away from my hometown in Illinois, whereas he is in Indiana. So I don't have to do a whole lot of ordering online when I get the funds.

If I were you, I'd save a few $$ and try the one that comes with it. If it doesn't work to your expectations, then spring for the Enermax.

Best of luck with it!

Thanx Thud

Hi All,

If you're on a budget, check out this offering from TigerDirect.

A Mid-tower, with 350w AMD/P4 approved power supply, for only $34.99. You will need to buy a fan or two (but don't you usually upgrade to quieter fans anyway?). They have several cases (w/PS) for under $40.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati..._tlc.asp?Id=32

Later,-LC

This case is manufactured by Enermax and marketed under many different names and brands (like many Enermax cases are). We've built 5 or 6 systems with the black version of this case and it looks absolutely amazing. The case itself is also very easy to work in. Spring for the black CDRW, DVD, and floppy drives. One note of caution, when opening the case, be aware of the side mounted fan, or you'll rip out the wiring while taking the side off (did that once). Also, consider replacing the side fan with a blue lighted one (Antec ones look great).

Another case-on-a-budget update! Check this offering out from Directron.com

Mid-tower, window, power supply, removable mobo tray, front USB and audio ports...$36.99 FYI...Many,many cheap cases here.

http://www.directron.com/606ubwf.html

I love Directron's case selection. The Powmax 9804 is the best low cost case I have ever used.

Yo Shocker,

Looks good, especially with a 350w PS, for $32!

Their prices are fantastic.

-LC

Good thin you asked.. My friend JUST got that case and is is on of the coolest cases I have seen for that price...I would go for it. I love the fan on the side andthe beautiful sound activate c. cathode light. Sexy beast.
    When you began, we ended.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information