+ Reply to Thread

AMD 2400+ running at 56c stock?

hey i been OCing my vid card and cpu which is a AMD2400+ ok so i put it to stock and i decided to check some temps cuz i never had really checked before well my amd is runnin at 56c stock which now what i see what ur guys r getting its extremlly hot when i OC it i stays at 56-57c like no change at all and i was wondering if it coudl jsut be my mobo screwing upw ith its number or if it is really that hot. Iv had no stability probs i cant even remebr my comp crashing except when Call of duty had prons with my radeon 9700 pro so coudl u all give me ur advice or
    links to a utility thaqt can check temps also
    Oh yah if i do have to reseat my heatsink/fan tips on getting that pice o *deleted* out of there and its a stock amd cooler that came with it

THX

Please do not use foul language in our forums! - Fingers - TechImo Moderator

Banned
    most likely

most likely the mobo temps r messed up or most likely i have to reseat the heatsink

Ultimate Member
    Grecs, your post is hard to read with no punctuation and so many abbreviations. Just friendly advise for future posts, OK?

Anyway, if I'm reading you correctly, then yes - that's too hot!

My 2400+, running on a Soyo board at all stock settings, reads 42°C at the moment & I've never seen it hit 50°C yet.

Any software you find will still be getting it's reading from the board's temp sensor - if that's bad or inaccurate, you'll need an add-on thermometer with a temp probe to get a reading.

yah sorry about my first post i had to type fast because my freind little brother was bout to start screaming at me for stealing the computer to type this message and man he would make up so dumb thing about me and that would be my butt. I will try some different stuff today and see if any of it helps.Also what rpms should my cpu fan be spinning at.

my 2400+ idles at 46c and gets to over 52c sometimes. It's a stock heatsink and fan, i'm looking for a good new hs/fan to cool it down before I overclock.

The fan runs at only 3600 rpms, which i think is too slow. I want to find a fan that can run at 6000 rpms.

What rpms is your CPU at?

Also, to anyone out there, what is a good overclocked speed i should be able to get my 2400 up too?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

What planet do we live on?

Thread Information