+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uethello
    Maybe try registry mechanic? It's oriented more toward registry repair.
    ouch,,(thinking of the first time I found out about fixing the registry) perhaps he should tell us why it didn't work and give more info first. Attempting to repair the registry by a novice usually fries windows. I'll drink to that!

Blog Entries
    Anything like these things popping up? I can't seem to find a way to get rid of them. Adaware SE and Spybot have both been run multiple times, and I've gone into the registry to find anything odd, plus found a couple of programs installed without my knowledge for advertisment purposes....I can't get rid of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pop-up-jpg   -pop-up-2-jpg   -pop-up-3-jpg  
    this post contains small bits of intelligence culminating to the appearance of wisdom.

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/p...,p,346,00.html

Disable the messenger service under the service manager and those messages will go away red.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

TechIMO Folding@home Team #111 - Crunching for the cure!

The first and last ones tell u how to stop it: "NOTE: TO BLOCK THIS TYPE OF WARNING DISABLE WINDOWS MESSENGER SERVICE". I'm surprised they put it there. Go to Administrative Tools, and then Services. The service you want to disable should be called "Windows Messenger" or just "Messenger". I somehow remember it being called "Windows Messenger", but on my computer, it's now being called "Messenger". Whatever the case, that's how to stop it. What you're seeing is actually a message sent to your computer from across the internet, so anti-spyware programs won't help.

Man what really P** me off is how stupid and annoying people can get. They think they know so much about computers just cause they took a course and now they create spware or spam. Man i have the old sprint pop-blocker, and by god is the best i ever saw. Far as spyware i use Spybot S&D. I have a firewall. My comp is clean because i know what things have spyware. I had to reformat my comp 3 times in a period of 7 months. Enough is enough. I am smart about it now and am cautiosus to Spware and hacker. Far as the java i have seen more of those and WHY do they do it, those morons. they need to be shot. It is not a good to create spyware. Plesase folks help by not makeing spyware, virusus, and other childish things. Get protected with atleast a Firewall. And if you need i have a free antivirus program that updates by itsself called AntiVir. IT is wonderful and free. Also get Spybot Search and destroy.

where can I get ada-ware, all i can find is SpyAssasin at adaware.com

you can find adaware se and spybot at download.com
    scroll down to "most popular" downloads and it is in the list...

thanks

Using a mix of SpyBot, Norton Antivirus/Internet Security/Firewall, and Pop-Up Stopper Pro seems to work for the most part.

They should make a program that blasts the computer back that sends you the stuff in the first place. -Kinda' like a whole little virus war thing.

That would be a great program to have, one that hits them every 20 seconds "STOP DOING THIS GARBAGE TO PEOPLE AND I'LL STOP DOING THIS TO YOU "

A couple tips for you

Tip #1 - Get Firefox! http://www.mozilla.org
    It has a built in pop-up blocker, and google search is built in too, so you don't have to install a toolbar.

Tip #2 - Don't ever pay for an anti-spyware program. Ad-aware and Spy-bot are both free.

Quote Originally Posted by KillCity44
    where can I get ada-ware, all i can find is SpyAssasin at adaware.com
    It's spelled [ ad-aware ], If you type that into download.com you'll get the right program.
    Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?
    -George Carlin

I say that we should find the creators/supporters of spyware (and this new breed of anti-spyware spyware), drag them out to the back of a shed and beat them senseless with lead pipes.

had to fix a guy's computer once because he clicked on the popup said "Your computer is affected with spyware. Click here to remove it" And he did... And the next day he realizes his home page is not quite what it was before...
    23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

You know something, I think that the new CAN-SPAM act should enforce the death penalty for repeat spammers. I'm sick of them ****ing up $1000 computers just so they can pocket 1/10 of a penny. People like that need to be in prison with a guy named "Bubba". If you think about it, spyware/destructive spamming is the same as vandalism on a large scale. They should really have to pay a large amount for restitution on any computers they have done damage to (ie: make them bankrupt for life).

Some times after ad aware removes the offender, it's still in system restore

turn off system restore and everything in the restore will be deleted, rebot, defrag, turn system restore back on

also check Add/remove programs, its rare to find one there, but possible, found MProcessor there!! didn't even try to hide, bold move, but it was else were also.

aslo ad aware and spybot may not be able to remve some things in windows environment, so when you reboot it will run right before windows loads
    Lord of the Low Frequencies

Some times after ad aware removes the offender, it's still in system restore
    That's why I still use w2k, . No problem with all that system restore stuff.
    Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?
    -George Carlin

the home pages for ad-aware: www.lavasoft.de
    for spybot search and destroy: www.spybot.info

Here y'all go, this guy has the list of all of the bogus scanners.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Powerage66
    Here y'all go, this guy has the list of all of the bogus scanners.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Great link!!!!!!!!!
    Lord of the Low Frequencies

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information