+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

how about spyware terminator with clam AV

I used that on someones computer to get rid of that garbage and it worked....for 5 minutes and then his computer would crash. What should I do

Quote Originally Posted by Gait_Keeper View Post
    wow 10 years of records!!!!

I use Firefox, avg anti-virus ( Free ), ad-aware, Spybot Search & Destroy, & some common sense

Nothing is 100% back stuff up!

even with back up no one likes to spend the time reinstalling everything on their machine, pain oh the pain.

a lot of good info in this thread, thanx everyone........

Aliens too
    by backup you mean images or just windows backup?

Banned
    You can remove this popups by removing all the temporary internet files.
    It is one of the better way to do that.

Banned
    Thanks for providing such a important information. I think that these popups are like for antivirus 2006.

Banned
    Thanks for sharing such an important information with us. I think that these popups are like installation for antivirus 2009

I just finished working on my bosses computer for 6 hours straight trying to get rid of "Winreanimator" and "System Defender"

I dont know how old these are but reading up on them they were pretty aggressive, some claimed the only way to remove them was a fresh reinstallation of Windows.

I was able to remove it using 5 antiviruses, common sense, and alittle searching through the C: drive.

Main files to look out for was:
    C:\windows\Braviax.exe
    C:\windows\Cru629.dat
    C:\windows\System32\Braviax.exe
    C:\windows\System32\Cru629.dat

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run \Braviax.exe - (this is purely from memory i could be off a bit)

Temp Files - "b.exe" - (memory process, its the fake infection detected message)

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Beep.sys - (it causes the beeps during startup, its also what reinstalls the rogue software after each startup)

Start up in safe mode, delete all the ones listed above, manually delete cookies, delete temp, search through your registery, bring up your run command, type in msconfig, go to start up and tell it to not start up "b.exe"

I also checked the time stamp for Braviax/Cru629 and search through the entire computer for files with the same stamp, i found a hand full of exe files that were to the minute with Braviax/Cru629 they weren't system files they looked to be fake ones with random letter names. so i deleted those as well.

Ran a second virus scan after doing all that to double check. restarted windows, rand a third virus scan, and all clean

Also Braviax stops Spybot from loading up so you can use that as a test to see if you really got rid of it.

The antiviruses i used were:
    AVG
    Avast
    Spybot
    Spyhunter 3
    Ad-Aware

Apparently AVG,spybot, and Spyhunter 3 were the only ones that found something. Spyhunter 3 was really helpful since the free version tells you where the infection is and you can manually delete it youself.

Been a while since I've been here.. Recently it seems there has been more rouge Antivirus/Spyware pop ups. As far as I can tell so far, the ones I have experienced are directly related to certain websites (comment sites). The tests I have run on my pc are from SpyBot,AVG, and a new program a friend recomened Malwarebytes. All have come up clean -0- infections. I haven't tried it yet but my friend also recomended a program called Rootrepeal. Anyone familiar with that one?
    You Can Never Learn Too Much!

Antivirus Antispyware

A classic symptom of a rogue scanner is getting unexpected virus alerts from a product you don't recall installing. Before you do install a new scanner or other security software, check first to make sure it's not on the fake antivirus list.i always use the best antivirusreviewed to provide the best security.

Thanks John, I believe the problem was directly related to one of the comment sites. I'm very strict about keeping genuine and up-to-date protection on my pc. As I know there is no one program that can stop every new problem that comes accross the internet, I can't rule out the possibility of something slipping through. For now I'm staying off the comment sites and watching to see if I see the rouge pop up again. So far so good...

If you've been hit with one of the fake antivirus programs that disables your antivirus/antispyware/antimalware programs, ComboFix is an excellent removal tool. It will get your system back to where you can run any programs that the infection may have disabled.

Malwarebytes is definitely high on my list as well. Combined with your favorite antivirus program, it will usually clean out the rest of the nasties.

By the way, rouge is a cosmetic to make your cheeks look red. I think you mean rogue.

Thanks howste... I never was great at spelling...lol
    I use AVG, Spybot (the real one), CCleaner, and recently started using Malwarebytes. All of those have come up clean with every scan. I havn't noticed any problems with any programs or the way my computer is running. I have heard of ComboFix but not sure I need to run that yet. If I see that pop up again, I will run further test.
    I built my computer years ago and have a good idea when something isn't running right, so I'm watching it carefully for now.

I've had a couple that installed a rootkit that would reinstall the malware after cleaning. These wouldn't budge without ComboFix.

But, if your Malwarebytes and Antivirus says your system's clean, it probably is.

Well I went ahead and ran that comboFix for the hell of it. I don't know what if anything it took off. Had to download the windows recovery which just slowed the boot up a little lol. Not sure if I should leave it or take it back off.

Antivirus Antispyware

these are the adware's who's are responsible for display unwanted ads continuously.Anti spyware program secures your PC from immediate threats. These spyware specific softwares have immense potential to scan, detect and remove all forms of spyware infections.

Just a note for computer beginners. Do Not Run Combo Fix unless instructed by a professional. Combo Fix is a powerful program that can render your system inoperatable if improperly used. I use to build and service computers. I'm a little behind on the technology that is out now. I ran this program to learn what it does and see if it found anything I didn't I didn't know about. All my files are backed up and I can fix my own pc if I screwed it up. So, not that big a deal for me. If you plan on running this program, I highly recomend going to the following website and read first.
    A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

The fake antispyware are the dangerous than spyware or adware. because these garbage are just cover your memory and always responsible for slow speed of pc.

Adware trojans are the fully responsible for unnecessary ads on your computer. which automatically install along with other software's in your pc.

AKM Antivirus 2010 Pro is a real bad one! Watch out for it, it is fake!

couldn't agree more. sometimes it's really hard to decide either a message on my screen is displayed by smth legitimate or is it a hoax. anyway, i know that windows telling me to pay $50 for some Ultra Eco Anti-Virus Protection Kit 2011 is not a real deal, but let's say my aunt would consider this to be the computer recommending her software.

All of you can use Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware full version to defend from viruses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above.

Thread Information